♣ chapter 10

I slip on a sweatshirt and sweatpants after taking a shower in Eros's bathroom

I slip on a sweatshirt and sweatpants after taking a shower in Eros's bathroom. I didn't think about bringing my own shampoo and conditioner, so I resulted to using his stuff. The bed looked like it hadn't been slept in, and I assumed Eros had his own place. He probably just ends up crashing here, because I know that's what Emilio did on some occasions.

I tried to dry my hair as much as I could, but it was going to end up staying wet because of how stubborn it was.

I throw it over my shoulder, deciding to ignore the feeling of it dripping every so often.

I exit Eros's room, seeing the guy called Jaden walk out of the room Emilio was in. He meets my eyes, shutting the door behind him.

"You good?" he flicks his chin toward me as he pulls out a lighter. I nod, following behind him down the hall. He lights a joint, taking a long pull before going into the kitchen. He has tattoos like Eros, but the ink blends in with his dark skin so they're more hidden.

Michael finally makes an appearance from the basement, and I see Reign laying down on the couch.

Eros is in the kitchen, and Jaden hands him the blunt when he walks in. It should be sinful for a man to look sexy while smoking, but Eros makes it so hard to look away.

He catches me staring at him, but shockingly, I don't look away. Jaden follows his gaze, noticing me staring, too.

Eros motions me over with a nod of his head, and my body complies immediately. God, this is bad. I'm going to have to pray the attraction away.

I lean against the counter across from them, and Eros holds the blunt out to me. My fingers meet his as I take it from him, and he watches my every move as I bring it to my lips. Inhaling slowly, I hand it back to him, letting the drug calm my nerves and ease my beating heart. The smoke surrounds me, putting a haze between us.

Jaden glances out the window, watching a black car drive by slowly. He nudges Eros, who already has a hand on his gun just in case.

My eyes narrow as the car moves out of view, and I almost sigh in relief. I don't think I could handle another commotion.

"Fuckin' pussies," Jaden curses, digging for something in his pocket. He pulls out a folding knife, tossing it on the counter next to me.

"You hang on to that if you gonna be 'round here," he tells me, and I glance up at Eros.

Since when am I asking for permission? This man is doing things to my head.

Eros nods, but I don't know if I want it.

I pick up the pocket knife, letting the weight settle in my hand.

"For protection, Amorette," he says, handing the blunt back to Jaden.

"Okay, thank you," I abide, deciding to walk back to that room to put this in my bag. I don't really feel like carrying around a knife at the moment.