♣ chapter 23

When Eros walks back into the bedroom, he's got blood on his chest and his knuckles are all busted up

He smirks at me, tossing something from his hand at me. I glance down, seeing my pink thong.

Oh, so that's where they went.

"Whose blood is that?" I ask, sliding off the bed. He grabs me when I get to him, sliding his hands up the shirt I'm wearing now.

Eros kneads the skin on my waist in his palms, tilting his head down at me.

"Who do you think?" he asks teasingly. I narrow my eyes.

I heard no gunshots, so at least he didn't shoot anybody.

"I told you not to worry about it," I sighed, grabbing the towel off the floor. I wipe the blood off, not knowing what type of diseases Luis may have.

"Your hand okay?" I ask, gently holding it up to get a good look at it. It's just a little swelling, but nothing is broken. He'll probably just have some bruising.

"Kiss it better?" He suggests innocently, and I give him an unimpressed glare.

He's always being so violent.

"Can you put the gun away?" I shoot back, glancing over at the strap still tucked in his waistband. He listens, taking it out and setting it back on the nightstand. My heart flutters.

"Thank you," I mutter, bringing his knuckles to my lips. His other hand falls lower on my body, grabbing a handful of my ass. He likes it a lot, I think.

I kiss each one, meeting his eyes in between. I never thought something so simple could be so hot. It's getting me all flustered, and even though I could probably let him fuck me again, I'm tired.

When I'm done, I sit back on the bed, pulling him down with me. I lay down on the pillows, my shirt riding up to my thighs. He stares down at me with hunger, and I roll my eyes.

"I want to sleep, Eros. Rika wants Amaiah and I to go to this cafe with her in the morning," I explain, "I need my beauty rest."

"You're already beautiful," he whispers. I blush like an idiot.

"You know what I mean," I retort as he lays down beside me, pulling my body against his. I grab the blankets, throwing them over us. I curl back into him, feeling completely secure in his arms. He kisses my exposed neck, whispering, "Dream about me," in my ear.

I snort, interlocking our hands against my stomach.

———

I sip the latte that Rika recommended, nodding immediately when it hits my tastebuds.

"That is so good," I tell her, and she smiles big.

"I told you!" She exclaims, shaking her finger in Amaiah's face. I stifle a laugh so Amaiah doesn't get mad at me for agreeing, but I can tell she's holding back a grin herself.