♣ chapter 22

I sit quietly outside on the patio as everyone eats the food we ordered in the kitchen

I sit quietly outside on the patio as everyone eats the food we ordered in the kitchen. The sun has set, and the water is no longer warm enough to swim in for longer than 5 minutes. So, I'll just watch the ocean instead.

After waking up about two hours ago with just a shirt on, I realized I needed to get my mind off things.

And I couldn't do that if I was surrounded by the man who was confusing me the most.

I sip my tea from the mug, deciding that maybe I would get in the hot tub. I had my bikini back on under my shirt, and it would be nice to relax a little.

I stand, moving to press a few buttons to get the hot tub heated up. I didn't really know how to work this thing, but I threw my shirt to the side and hopped in anyway.

There's a light on the inside that makes the water seem transparent, and I can see the small bruises on the outsides of my thighs. I can only imagine what my chest looks like. Bubbles float up around me.

I pulled my hair up and out of the way so it wouldn't get wet, then closed my eyes with my head resting against the edge.

After the day I've had, the warm water really soothes me.

"Does it feel nice?"

I hold back a groan, knowing the last person I wanted to see is right in front of me.

I open my eyes, meeting Luis's gaze as he steps in right across from me. I raise a brow, cupping bubbles in my hands. I don't want to talk to him at all.

We haven't spoken too much since that one night, and I'm not interested in doing so anytime soon.

"Come on, Amorette. You know I don't bite, unless you want me to," he grins, his murky eyes looking evil in the light from the hot tub.

"Stop, Luis."

"The way your neck looks tells me you do," he mutters, looking me up and down. He stares at the spots that litter my skin, and I want to slap Eros for being so inconsiderate.

But I'm sure he was probably just staking his claim like he wanted to.

"What did you get up to, Amorette?" He muses, "Did Eros do that to you?"

I roll my eyes, leaning further back into the wall even though there's water jetting against me.

"Did you like it?" He asked, coming toward me, "Did you like the way he fucked you?"

My lips part at his rude comments, and I go to reach for my shirt. He grabs my arm, yanking me toward him. I gasp. His grip makes my bicep ache.

"I heard you, Amorette. I heard the way you screamed for him," Luis claimed, and I can smell the alcohol coming from him. He's drunk. Too drunk.

"Tell me," he whispered, touching my rib, trailing up to my breasts. He's not going to... "Will you scream for me like you did for him when I fuck you?"