♣ chapter 27

I hum along to the music as Eros drops Amaiah and Axel off at Axel's house, leaving the car empty

I wave to her as she heads up the driveway, and she smiles real big and gives me a wink.

I shake my head to myself, knowing damn well what that wink meant.

She's crazy.

But she's right.

Eros turns to the right, but to get to my house, you have to turn left. My brows furrowed as I looked around, then realized he wasn't actually taking me home.

"Eros...Where are we going?" I ask, turning to him. One hand on the wheel, and one hand on the gear shift. I try not to get distracted by his tattoos.

He doesn't answer me, but when he looks at me, I feel nothing but security. I'm pretty sure he isn't about to go kill someone, so now I'm just trying to narrow it down to other options.

He turns up the music, Bryson Tiller playing over the speakers. I can feel the bass in my feet, and it makes my heart thump in my chest.

Instead of stressing out, I decide to sit back and just trust him. It was starting to be too easy, and I think it might have me feeling a certain way. My mind tells me to slow down, but my heart wants things to go fast. I shouldn't want to be this attached, but I can't help it.

After five minutes, I start to recognize the route we were taking.

There's no way he actually...

I grin at the sight of the ice rink parking lot, sitting up higher in my seat.

When I look at Eros, he's watching me, even as he pulls into a spot.

See, I would've ran my car straight into a pole.

Taking the keys out of the ignition, he gets out of the car. When I reach for the handle, he locks the doors. I hesitate, wondering what he's doing. Then, he comes up to my side, unlocking the door and opening it for me.

I purse my lips, deciding to keep the words I want to say inside.

"Thank you," I tell him, and he just grabs my hand in response.

Even though we're not inside yet, I'm already feeling happy. Skating is like the only thing that gives me a release, and now I have someone to talk about it with.

How can he know me so well?

There's two people on the ice when we walk in, and it's a trainer I commonly see here with one of her students. She's been teaching for over twenty years, and I even took lessons from her when I was really little.

The hockey players that play club in the off season have already left, and that means there's at least an hour of free rink.

"Can you skate?" I ask him as we walk to my locker. I tug out my key that's on me at all times.