♣ chapter 20

"Please tell me I don't have to be in a car with Luis for two hours," I groan, helping Amaiah pack her bag for this beach trip

"No, they are riding separately with Rika and Noah," she exclaims, "Thank the Lord."

I don't think I'd ever survive being around him for more than five minutes. I'd lose my mind.

"Where's the house we're staying in?" I ask, zipping up my own bag. I didn't have a bikini with me, so Amaiah and I stopped by my house last night. I only have one, and it's a little too revealing for my liking. But Amaiah had convinced me to get it last summer. It's a floral pattern with pinks and blues, and it barely covers my ass. It's a little visible through my big white shirt, but Amaiah told me no one would care. I just get too nervous about these type of things.

"Just off the shore. All the fun experiences are in walking distance, including the clubs," she winks at me.

I don't know how many more parties my body can take this month.

"Axel said we have it booked for three nights, and he knows the guy who owns it, so we're getting it super cheap," she explains. "But I'm not sure how many rooms there are, so you and I might have to bunk up, babe."

"That's okay, you're a heavy sleeper," I tell her, following her toward the kitchen. We were in charge of snacks and drinks, so we have coolers packed with all types of mixers and beer. And water, of course.

The one thing that makes me anxious is the fact that Eros is coming, and he's also the one driving us there. But I'm relieved it's only me, Amaiah, Axel, Michael, and Reign in the car with him. I can't stand Luis at the moment.

I was extra careful when asking people to take my shifts for the weekend. I'm never away from work, so I hope it doesn't mess up any schedules.

But now that it's summer, I have the whole day to work, and I might even get to pick up another job in the meantime.

I throw my tote bag over my shoulder, smiling at the thought of hanging out at the beach. We really need this.

"Okay, they're pulling up," Amaiah says, grabbing a cooler and her bag. I carry the snacks and my own bag, feeling the warm air on my skin. For it being only 11 in the morning, it's somehow so fucking hot.

My hair blows behind me, and I have to squint my eyes against the wind.

Eros pulls up in a car that I haven't seen before, and Michael has his head out the window. Axel gets out to help Amaiah put the extra stuff in the trunk, and he tells us to just sit in the middle seats. Michael and Reign are chilling in the very back, and Axel and Eros are in the front seats.

"Did you get the pineapple ones?" Michael pesters Amaiah, and I swear the only thing he ever thinks about is getting fucked up.

"Yes, Michael, they're all there," she tells him, shutting the car door.