18

After few(?) months,
Luffy wanted to try using 2nd and 3rd Gear thinking the training might have made his body stronger and enough for the gears to be used. Oh how wrong was he! Luffy was not able to control the Gear 2 and as a result, the backlash was too much...

Thus making Luffy unable to be able to get up the next day to go to Gray Terminal.. Ace and Sabo both went there.. as Dadan was there to take care of Luffy.

Thankfully his healing ability was doing a great job as Luffy was able to reach his den den when it rang... for a few times..

"Hello. I am Monkey D. Luffy. I am gonna be the King of Pirates.." Luffy said weakly.
"Luffy, are you alright? You sound weak.."
"Dad!! Shishishishi I tried one of my attack but it made me too tired..."
"Don't train too hard, also I called to warn you, don't go to Gray terminal today, they are planning to burn it."
"What!!? It's today!!? Sabo and Ace went there!! I need to go to them!!"
"Luffy bebcareful! We are almost reaching Dawn island..  we will help you."
"Bye Dad! I am going."

Luffy ran out of Dadan house to go to Gray terminal, but was not able to go far. Dadan came to Luffy and carried him on her shoulders to Gray terminal. She had heard what Dragon had said and was herself worried about the boys...

Luffy tried expanding his Observation haki to find Ace and Sabo. He found Ace a bit later but Sabo's was nowhere to be found. Luffy got scared but with Dadan went towards Ace to take him out of Gray terminal.

"Ace!"
"Luffy! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting? Dadan why did you bring him here?"
"We came to take you and Sabo out of here. Dad said they are gonna burn down this place.. where is Sabo?"
"His father came and took Sabo with him."
"And you let him?" Dadan asked.
"No. His father threatened to kill me, so Sabo went with his father.." Ace said as his eyes darkened.
"I see.."Luffy had a dark aura surrounding him which somehow went unnoticed by other two. "Anyways, let's go now, we will get Sabo out of there later.."

When the Blue Jam pirates surrounded Ace, Luffy and Dadan..
"Where do you think you are going? You still haven't done the job."
"I don't wanna do it."
"I am taking my kid back with me Porchemy, you got a problem with it?" Dadan said as she slowly came in front of Ace..
"Oh, if it isn't Dadan the mountain bandit. You think you alone can stop us.." Porchemy said as he aimed a gun to Dadan's head.
"Tch. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean anything. I will take my kids out of here..."
Ace was looking at Dadan with surprise and respect.. He hadn't expected Dadan to be worried for him..
"Oh really! We will see.." Porchemy said as he shot the bullet towards Dadan.

Dadan was ready to take the bullet, she knew the kids could handle the rest. But panicked when she saw Luffy's head in front of her eyes, between her and the bullet.

Ace who was shocked to see the bullet shot towards Dadan was scared when Luffy's head came in front of Dadan and took the bullet. He unconsciously let out conqueror's which caused most of the pirates to go unconscious.

"Shishishishi. Even Ace has Conqueror's haki." Luffy said smiling.

"You!? How are you not dead?" Porchemy asked.
Ace and Dadan looked relieved that Luffy was ok. Ace was confused about the Conqueror's haki comment but thought to ask about it later.

"I am rubber man. The bullets don't work on me.." Luffy said with his eyes shadowed.
Ace had never seen Luffy like that. Luffy who was always smiling or crying had a dark look on his face.. Ace thought that look didn't suit Luffy who was like a Sun in his life.

Ace saw as the remaining few pirates fell unconscious along with Porchemy under Luffy's glare. "Shishishishi now let's get out of here.." Luffy said turning back to his usual self.