|55| • Everest

Goodness, what did I think I was doing asking for such a thing? If she hadn't spoken up, I honestly didn't know what was going to happen next. When my hands pressed against her breast, it was getting harder to control myself. Even with the kiss, I couldn't distract myself enough. My body was getting excited, almost too excited.

Feeling the cold water run down from my hair to my chest, I sighed. I needed this shower. Taking the shampoo, I massaged it into my hair, trying to get the thought of how soft her body was out of my head. A part of me didn't want to stop, I wanted to see how far we could go, but if I did, I would be dangerously close to the agreement we made, on not having sex.

It was like an unspoken rule, I knew she wasn't ready, and even though the urge grew increasingly each day, I wanted to take it slow, for her.

Rinsing my hair, I turned off the shower. The excitement which was rising had now subsided. Chuckling to myself, I came out from the glass cubicle, taking the towel to wrap around my waist and the other to dry my hair. I could hear voices in the room, was she on a call? Walking to the door, I opened it, taking a look at her.

Amelia was plopped up on the bed, staring at me wide-eyed, her phone in her hands. Wait, no, that wasn't her phone, she'd left hers in her room. It was my phone. My eyebrows arched in confusion, who was she calling on my phone?

"Baby? What's up?" I asked, glancing back up at her. She had a panicked look on her face.

"Everest? Finally, you answer me!" My shoulders tensed up at the sound of Flo's voice coming from the phone.

She was calling?

Why was she calling me?

Walking up to Amelia, I took the phone from her. "I'll call you back," I said, hearing her say something but my thumb had already tapped the end call. I didn't even know what to ask, I had so many questions.

"S-she kept calling." Amelia rushed out, looking down at her fingers. I frowned at this, did she pick it up because of that or because she wanted to get something from that call?

"And so you answered it?" I had to ask, my voice coming out harsher than intended. I saw Amelia flinch before nodding her head.

Narrowing my eyes, I made my way to the wardrobe. Was she still suspicious about Flo? I'd told her there was no reason to be. Florescent was the past. For a reason or two, I felt a bit conflicted. Amelia didn't say anything as I dressed up, going back to the bathroom to hand my towel. She was still quiet.

When I came back out, I saw her on her feet. "I...I'm sorry I answered it, I was just..."

"Just what? Suspicious?" I asked, keeping eye contact. Her gaze faltered, ah, so that was it? "I just thought you two stopped talking..." Amelia said quietly, refusing to look at me. I didn't want us to argue, especially over something so trivial. Sighing, I took her palm, sitting us down on the bed.

"Amelia, don't you trust me?"

"I do!" She immediately said, her eyebrows drawn together. "Then listen to me, there's no reason to be suspicious." When I told her, she tensed up. Leaning clear to her, I intertwined our hands.

"Sweetheart, I'm with you, okay? I love you, do you get that?" Perhaps I hadn't been assuring her as much as I thought. Taking in her bottom lip, she nodded again. "Baby, use your words."

"I...I get it."

"Good girl." Cupping her chin, I brought her lips to mine, kissing her slightly parted lips. "I'm not mad at you, okay?" I kissed them again. I loved how plump and soft they felt. Amelia smiled, mumbling an 'okay' on my lips.