|61| • Amelia

Two eventful weeks passed.

Most of us from batch A were more familiar with ourselves, in the past week we were able to shuffle around due to the amount of group projects, which made it almost impossible not to make friends. At first, it was pretty nerve-wracking when Raul wasn't in my group one time, but I tried to play it off by being bubbly.

I and Willow Rue also spoke a few times, she was an interesting one, whenever we talked I felt myself laughing at her jokes. Other chefs had so taken us, but today Chef Gaston himself was going to take us! I couldn't contain my excitement! Due to our numbers, we still sat together as a group, but our tasks were going to be individual.

"If you smile any harder, your cheeks will tear, pretty girl." Raul teased, budging my elbow. I turned my head, looking up at him. How could I contain my excitement? Giggling, I stretched out with a sigh. We were all seated now, waiting for him to make an appearance.
As the days passed, I and Raul got closer. Though I tried to avoid him dropping me off because of what happened before when Evie said he didn't like it.

Raul was simply a natural flirt, I think.

"Are you excited? The last time we saw him was during the entrance exams." Raul chuckled, nodding his head, he leaned closer to me with a sigh of his own. "I'm just pulling your legs, of course, I'm excited. But it's going to be an individual test now. No hiding behind the group."

"You'll do great," I told him with a wink.

He smirked, "You think so?" I nodded, of course, I thought so. He smiled, Raul had a charming smile, especially when his teeth peaked out. Raul opened his mouth to say something but the door creaked open, revealing the owner and founder of this entire academy, Chef Gaston.

His strides were confident and graceful, his lean body arched up as he strolled in well-dressed in his chef attire. We all stood, without being told. "Good morning, Chef Gaston." Seeing him this up close was still amazing. He smiled a warm smile, nodding his head.

"Congratulations on making it here, all of you." He stood in front of the podium, placing his hands on his hip. "Well then, let's begin."

His smile flattened and was followed by a strict stare.

+ hours later +

Taking a bite of the hamburger, I hummed, placing my palm underneath my chin. It was so moist and flavorful! We were finally done with all our classes for the day, after Chef Gaston taught us how to make the perfect crime brûlée, Chef Hannah thought us the acts of cakes. It was quite a full day but by 3 o'clock we were finally having lunch. Raul munched on his bowl of fruits, nodding his head in approval.

"So you're not going to eat any food?" I had to ask, we didn't get to eat anything until now yet here he was, with nothing but a bowl of fruit. He smirked, shaking his head. "I'm not hungry. Want some?" He asked, taking a cut of pineapple to my lips.

"Burgers and pineapple don't go." I huff, moving my head too much on my burger once more. He chuckled, taking it into his mouth even though it just grazed my lips.

"Are you going to be free this weekend?" Raul asked out of the blue. Come to think of it, it had been a while since I went out with Evie, we both had been busy with our lives for these two weeks, and I honestly missed hanging out with Evie. Pursing my lips, I shrugged. "I think so," I said, this made him smile. "Great." He cheesed.

Finishing my burger, I raised a suspicious eyebrow, "Great? How is that great?" He snorted, taking the napkin to wipe something off my lips I smiled, letting him. "Thanks," I muttered when he was done. Raul adjusted on his seat, dropping his fork.
When he said, "I would like to take you out on Saturday," my stomach churned. It didn't sound friendly at all. Memories of the Darrick situation flooded my mind, making my smile falter. I tensed my shoulders, hoping this wouldn't turn out the same way.