|80| • Everest

"It's been a while, hasn't it, Miss Amelia?"

Rasu articulated in a teasing tone, bowing his head as he shook her smaller hands. She smiled shyly, nodding her head. It had been a while. When was the last time they saw her? I did hear she hardly showed her face at Abel's workshop before I began working there. I admit that information made my chest swell with joy. Knowing I was why she appeared more frequently, the thought would make any man cheese in joy.

"It has been long. Nice to meet you again, Mr Rasu." She responded politely.

I smiled at this, admiring her as she greeted the other guys here. It was now I realized how long it had been without seeing her. She looked so beautiful up close that I felt giddy to have her by my side. Her braids were let down and flowed until her waist, the baby hair close to her forehead was sleeked into smooth curves with gel. Though she'd just finished bawling her eyes out in the car, her eyes didn't puff up or look too red. She looked good in a long-sleeved flail dress, which barely reached her knees.

"Ah-hah, no wonder he was grinning today; you'd think he just won a lottery." Guy jested, poking my sides which I slapped away with a scowl. He winked at Amelia, and she giggled, rubbing her neck. "Was he, now?" She replied, looking over her shoulder at me. Playfully, I tugged on her waist, pulling her closer so she stood by my side. "Why wouldn't I?" I responded, playing along. Guy smirked, nodding his head. The sly grin remained on her face as she made light conversations with the rest of the guys; slowly but surely, we made our way to Abel.

"Ah, so she made it here,"

Abel uttered teasingly. A knowing smile arching his lips if I did say so myself. Amelia pouted, narrowing her eyes. "Are the two of you okay now?" He asked, his tone a bit more rigid. Embarrassed, I nodded. He probably knew I left the condo with her in it for the past week or so; with a sigh, I cupped my neck. "Yeah, we are. And I couldn't be happier." Amelia responded confidently, a grin revealing the gorgeous set of thirty-two. I intertwined our hands. Could we go back already?

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be hell-bent on staying extra hours today," Abel told me, his gaze teasing mine. I laughed, shaking my head. "I actually wanted to ask if I could go early today." I decided to chip in. It would be nice to spend some alone time with Amelia- or better yet, bring her to my family once more. Abel hummed, stroking his beard as though he was pretending to think. Amelia perked up, "R-really? You'd want to leave now? I mean, please, Abel! I'm sure he's been working his butt off!" She cajoled, her lips pouting cutely.

Her thumb caressed the back of my palm as she said this. Abel sighed, "Ah, how could I possibly say no to that face?" He hummed to himself, waving his hands in dismissal. "Go ahead, take even the week off if you'd like." I cackled, shaking my head. "I'll take just today and tomorrow if that's fine by you."

Amelia squealed happily, our intertwined hands breaking off as she cupped my elbows, moving closer to me. I liked her in my space; it was warm. "Sure, that's alright. I'm happy for you, both of you.' He tapped my shoulders, winking at Amelia before returning to the car he was working on. Amelia turned to face me, her cheeks beaming with a lovely smile. "You'd really miss work for me?" She whispered cutely, her eyes glistening with hope. This made me chuckle. Tempted to kiss her pouted lips, I settled for her forehead instead.

"Of course, we have quite the catching up to do, right?"

She bit her bottom lip, still looking up at me. "Yeah..." I smiled at her; it was a bit obvious what she wanted, so I succumbed to her bidding, leaning into her titled face. She released her lips from her teeth, and I placed a firm kiss there. I was starting to understand that she didn't mind the display of affection, not one bit. Her smile widened with her arms wrapped around my arm.