Your Queen

Your Queen

“I will suggest you place the order for distribution while you are there. It is around time and you don’t have to visit again” Mr Xavier suggested as he closed the file he was holding in his hand.

King was seated opposite him on the sofa, discussing a few things with his father. It was a rainy night, with thunder and icy wind creating a great match with the cosy atmosphere of the office room. Two cups of hot beverage, burning wood in the fireplace and quietness of calm.

The crime lord, being dangerous as hell, loved these moments with his family like a little child. He loved the times when he and his father have a moment of their own, whether for discussion or not but he cherished these moments the most.

“That’s great father. If the arrangements and progress are satisfying then I will do just that” King happily replied, smiling widely at his father. Mr Xavier chuckled at his son.

“I have been noticing a change in you son, a positive one.” The old man started, eyes staring at King carefully.

“I don’t under—.” King tried to ask but Mr Xavier beat him to it

“Is it because of him?” he asked.

The mafia boss, who was known for his blaring confidence, averted his gaze from his father and looked down. A tiny little pink tint emerged on his face making Mr Xavier smile in amusement.

“so it is him” he concluded with a satisfied laugh. King didn’t reply to that.

“I like him too; he is a keeper. And although he is very brutal with his opinions, that little boy speaks his mind.” King looked at his father in the eyes catching a genuine smile on his handsome face.

“you really like him father?” the question brought another smile on Mr Xavier’s face. He nodded his head, patting the king’s shoulder like a friend.

“I do, a lot. So I will suggest you cut this façade of being boyfriends and propose him to be your lover instead” King listened to his father approving and appreciating his interest but then he snapped his neck to look at his father in shock.

Did he know all this time?

Mr Xavier laughed charmingly at his reaction and reached out to ruffle his hair but stopped right in the middle when the door opened without any knock and a strutting Jayce entered with a frown.

“come on Rowan, I have been waiting for ages for you. Even Garry left with his friends and no one is there to accompany me” A ridiculous whine left his beautiful lips while he complained to his husband, shaking his arm.

Mr Xavier pulled Jayce closer by his waist, kissing his cheek in apology.

“you could have knocked my dearest,” the older said politely but the tone went nowhere polite. Jayce giggled nervously finding interest in Mr Xavier’s collar button rather than his eyes.

“When are you leaving King” A serious gesture with no word such as ‘son’ came out and King looked at his father nonchalantly.

The quality time between son and father over

“I will be heading out tonight father…” he said with a similar tone as his father as he checked his watch.

“In about an hour or so” he completed not even glancing at the clinging Jayce.

“very well. I will see you in a few days then” the man replied curtly, kissing the side of Jayce’s head and leaving the room and the two alone.

“you can leave too Mr Ashford” his voice boomed as he picked up several files scattered on the table. Jayce didn’t move though. He stood there contemplating something and then made up his mind.