Inappropriate Convincing

“I asked you something Kangsu, who is Wren Christopher?” King broke the silence as he glared at the old man intensely.

The meeting room was as silent as a funeral chapel, all of the people sitting there fixed their eyes on that old nervous man who was standing right in front of the king with his mouth closed shut. Beads of sweat lingered over his shiny forehead as he tried to avert his eyes from someone who wasn’t glaring at him.

The silence was getting longer and the patience around was getting thin.

“I---I don’t know what you are talking about” Kangsu muttered, slowly gathering his things with the intention to fly out of the room without having to answer anything.

“oh, you know exactly what I am talking about” King announced gesturing to Charlton who slammed a few photographs and some papers, with figures and evidence, on the table in a way that others around the table were able to have a look as well.

People followed the evidence with their curious eyes and then continued staring back at Kangsu.

As for Kangsu, he was wide-eyed as he watched in horror how he was exposed to just not only to king but his fellow members of the mafia too. A surge of anger passed behind his pupils and he fixated his eyes to the crime lord who was already staring at him, waiting for him.

“who did this for you?” Kangsu muttered with a flared nose and angry breathing.

King chuckled with a serious gaze, unamused.

“you don’t ask questions Kangsu, I do…” King glowered lowly, the rest watching with interest.

“…..and if you want that proudy head of yours intact on your shoulders, you better answer me clearly.” Kangsu glared back at King with a similar emotion of hatred.

“don’t test my patience” The old man’s gaze faltered when the king warned him loud and clear. The crime lord wasn’t the man to play with his stupid ass and Kangsu knew it better with the amount of experience he had with Mr Xavier in the past.

King was no less cruel than his father.

The mafia boss straightened himself on his chair and Kangsu took a step back involuntarily.

That coward.

“I know him” he blurted out seeing King’s gaze getting dark.

“I know that” King spitted in irritation.

That old pumpkin was wasting his precious time.

“I mean, that I have been helping him to get a hold of your boy toy” Kangsu didn’t register what he just said until he was rewarded with the outcome of his nonsense.

In two long strides, King towered over Kangsu and in the next moment a loud slap resounded inside the deadly silent meeting room.

The old man had his face turned to his right as a painful sting spread its effect over his reddening cheek with a bead of blood making its way down his chin.

“dare say one more nasty thing about my boy and you will see what your fate will be …..am I clear?” King threatened in his deep voice, his finger raised in warning.

Kangsu gulped hard and nodded shakily.

“AM I CLEAR!!!!!” King roared and Kangsu trembled where he was.

“y-yes king…..” he stuttered.

The crime lord glared daggers at him before retreating to his previous position on his leather seat and picking up his glass of sparkling wine.