Chucky Doll

The manor was void of any chaotic mess, no loud yelling across the living room, no pitter patter of small feet running around and no cursing. It was quiet and calm and kind of boring in the house like the way it was before a certain someone flipped it upside down.

Ever since Mago left the mansion, King was dancing on his tippy toes. The urgent need to follow his boy and to be near him made him restless, the fact wasn't hidden at all and the king didn't try to pretend otherwise as well.

He was smitten with the boy to another level

The crime lord, after giving necessary instructions for his absence, wasn't far behind Mago. He had left the manor with Charlton and others like a swishing air passing through open windows, leaving the mansion silent behind him.

Even their departure left the staff huffing in tiredness.

Jayce was alone in the manor, with only staff, for the night. And since Mr Xavier was eating out and he didn't have any specific weird demands for dinner, usually made by Mago, Jayce opted to have a simple dinner before taking a glass of wine and his half-read book to the garden.

A romantic novel to be specific.

The peace he had, after a long while, had to be cherished.

In the coldness of the night and with the fire pit burning at a desirable distance, Jayce sat in his basket couch, cocooned between his warm blankets as he enjoyed his alone time, drinking and reading all to his heart's content until it was time for him to head back.

Stretching his lean body, Jayce yawned as he closed the book. Leaving the warm cuddly place wasn't easy but he managed to step out of his comfort zone and headed inside the manor. But then he stopped abruptly and looked back with a narrowed gaze, something was there that made him conscious before he walked away with a shrug.

..

In the basement was Danny, tied to a chair now that he was finally awake and was treated back to health. The man had a large wide bandage around his head, courtesy of Mago, as he hummed a melody in the dimly lit room under the glaring, watching eyes of cameras and two guards outside his door.

It was until.... Two more guards arrived at the location. They looked regular like any of the other men in the empire but that proved to bring demise for the former guards.

"exchange of duty.....Charlton's order" one of them said in his gruff voice. The first two didn't even question any further, no cross-checking or whatever when one of them named Charlton in the matter and explained that he had asked them to change duties at exactly 10:30 pm.

Charlton is a right-hand man to the crime lord, his order meant an indirect command from the king.

So the first two guards quickly complied with the order, handed the duty spot to the newcomers and left the hallway after that.

Only Danny with some unknown guards left on the scene.

Danny was still humming a tune, calmly resting his back against the firm back of the chair, lost in his thoughts. He wouldn't ever have possibly known when at the end of the deserted hallway a dark silhouette appeared, a man with a black hoodie, black mask and long pants entered the basement without a whisper of noise.

Taking several steps, the man managed to fall in sync with the beat of Danny's singing. Once he reached the door, one of the guards opened it for him quietly, without a word. As soon as the door opened, Danny snapped his neck towards it. Eyes widening in surprise, a slow grin made its way to his mouth and he smiled at the sight of the man he never expected to see.