King and Queen

King and Queen

“I didn’t want to say this but you did good that you fired Kangsu off his post” Mr Xavier smiled as he placed the tab, which he had been looking from, on the table and picked up his glass of wine. The former king was there in his son’s office to discuss some matter which ended up leading to the dismissal of Kangsu.

“Many of our alliances are surprisingly pleased, they seem happy with the decision.” He gossiped with a charming chuckle, taking a sip of expensive alcohol, as he explained his experience where he went in a gathering earlier.

The alliances, Mr Xavier was talking about, hurled question after question about Kangsu towards the former king. They were excited when they learned the news, some were relieved with the absence of that grumpy old truck and some complained about the pumpkin head and his funny deeds finding the right occasion to do so.

It was all entertaining for Mr Xavier.

“his greed for authority and power led him towards his worst fate. Kangsu has killed Black panda, stole millions from us and led the rebels against our empire, eating our roots, killing many others and the list goes on. It made me think that I should have done that way before” King listed out the reasons for his decision and Mr Xavier hummed in return while enjoying his drink.

King glanced at his right-hand man, who was standing in the corner, and gestured him to come closer. The man approached and leaned down to listen to what King was going to tell him.

King directed Charlton, pointing at different files, regarding the work they were engaged in and Charlton nodded in return. Both King and Charlton then began to gather files and other stuff from the table together.

Mr Xavier’s eye followed Charlton as he picked the files and the device from the coffee table, delivering everything back to King’s desk and then busied himself in making a glass of whiskey for King.

King faced his father once again and smiled when the old man locked eyes with his son.

“you are very right son……. there is no doubt about it. I am just surprised, I had no idea he would go to such lengths just for the sake of power” Mr Xavier said with a sigh, taking another gulp of his drink.

Charlton placed the glass on the table in front of King and went back to his spot.

 “I mean; Enzo was a good man. He was hardworking and every bit lethal yet kind. I have never heard of him doing anything that could offend anyone and anything…..until he lived……..” the former king sighed as he said those appreciating words for the man who had never let a chance escape to impress Mr Xavier with his extraordinary skills.

Mr Xavier gulped the last of his drink to wet his throat while King listened to his father attentively.

It was like a storytelling session that Mr Xavier had lived in reality.

 “Kangsu and Enzo were at least acquaintances if not friends………they had worked together a bunch of times and it was always good, to say the least……….but it’s what they say ‘the love of power is a demon of mankind’” Mr Xavier revealed as he reminisced his old collection of memories.

King regarded his father’s words as he watched Mr Xavier placing his glass back on the table before leaning comfortably on the sofa.

“It’s not just power I suspect” King started earning a look from his father. Mr Xavier blinked calmly with a nudge of his chin to give the signal that he was listening.

“killing Black Panda was like a dream of an enemy. Kangsu not only dared to finish Black Panda brutally, he also killed his wife who had nothing to do with the mafia and stole his child.” King delivered his thoughts. Mr Xavier listened carefully.