Chapter 24

The body kept falling, and the palpitating feeling came again. Shen Ruo felt no sense of security at all, and his consciousness fell into darkness, but he knew that something bad had happened.

Shen Ruo was even a little familiar with that kind of darkness. A trace of despair spread, and he couldn't stop it. He watched himself being swallowed up by the darkness. An invisible hand tightened around him, imprisoning him in the darkness, unable to escape.

The words that appeared inexplicably in his mind came to his eyes again, but it was too dark for him to see clearly. The harder he could see clearly, the more he wanted to see clearly.

Unable to move his hands and feet, Shen Ruo became more and more irritable and anxious. He could not clearly see what the words were and what they wrote, but he knew that they were all bad things.

He was so anxious that he cried, but in the darkness, only Shen Ruo could hear his cry. He was the only one here.

Shen Ruo began to be afraid. He huddled there, hugging his knees, surrounded by darkness, lonely and quiet, with only his own crying.

But not long after, someone hugged him in the dark,

Shen Ruo was still crying, and it took a while for him to react.

Tentatively, Shen Ruo reached out and slowly hugged the person who couldn't see anything.

He thought it was just an illusion before, but he didn't expect that he actually hugged her.

The strong and warm embrace made Shen Ruo unwilling to let go. He was too scared, afraid that he would be left here alone, just like that day when his second uncle left and left him alone on the Emperor Star.

The crying that finally stopped started again. Shen Ruo cried sadly, and he fell asleep while crying, but his arms were still holding the person tightly. Not only that, he was almost holding him with his hands and feet. Reluctant to let go.

Chu Xiao watched as Shen Ruo finally fell asleep and no longer cried uneasily, but the tears and blood stains on his face were still there.

He tried to get Shen Ruo to let go of him, but as soon as Chu Xiao moved, Shen Ruo became uneasy again, frowning, and looking like he was about to cry, Chu Xiao had no choice but to let Shen Ruo hold him like this.

When he went to bed just now, Chu Xiao took off his suit jacket, and now he was left with only a white shirt. His chest was already stained with a large wet spot from Shen Ruo's tears and blood.

Chu Xiao softly called for the medical robot. There was a voice control system in his room.

The intelligent robot took out a disinfectant wipe, and the robotic arm lengthened with a few clicks, and wiped Shen Ruo's face on the bed.

Because Chu Xiao was holding Shen Ruo, and Shen Ruo was holding him tightly. The two of them were lying on their sides on the bed. This posture was very strange, so Chu Xiao could only let the robot come. He stepped back as much as possible, exposing Shen Ruo. face.

After the robot left, Shen Ruo's face was clean, and the healed wound on his forehead still had a light pink color. It would become the same as the surrounding skin in a few days.

Being so relied on, Chu Xiao, who had just been irritated and unhappy because of Shen Ruo's rejection and collapse, finally calmed down.

It is not impossible for an injured demi-human to have a little temper because he hit his head.

Chu Xiao thought like this, but he frowned slightly at Shen Ruo's sudden rejection and avoidance. He didn't know what happened to Shen Ruo. Even if he was injured, he wouldn't just throw away his hand.