Winifred

W-i-n-i-f-r-e-d was the name of an ordinary girl born into magic. There's many superstitions you see. Take your pick-- it existed, long ago, and the tone was always mysterious and spooky. The nerve of these timid, magical folk to reside in Denver, Colorado where wide-eyed mature people gazed from here. Vivid blue splashes the skies and wide mountain areas are enveloped in the back drop-- here, witchcraft and magic were common, and...for most part mishandled by shady folk.

They wrote this in their one patch hanging off of the book, which spoke of a legend and only the brave will unlock it. The houses smelled of wood. A small neighborhood called Twenty-two, 'Sara May Lane, up to your nose with  rows of green trees and shrubbery-- they sprung upside up with the roots digging deep, like a loose, jittery nail. At 'Sara May Lane,' dwelled a small and slightly creaky red and brown oak house. Brisk winds are scurrying beneath the sap of the wind.

"This is it! The last day forever. My ordinary life is over. I'd always murmur this to myself but I was unsure... Sept, 17th, she murmurs carelessly. I love an old fashioned mystery however..."

Meek and curious, fourteen year old Winifred is flawless... Bright, spotty, red freckles run downwards her white and slim cheekbones, which prod outwards a little running adjacent to her stringe like bangs.

Lime green eyes and blonde hair... She had it all in terms of looks.

From a young age Winifred had this belief that you can curl a wand and viola: HOCUS-POCUS... you'd be in supernatrual land. Some folk got taken for a ride. They strongly believed in the supernatural but was misled by rubbish spells. Common day magic spells in a common place.

Outside of my house there lie...vibrant swaying trees and a small nest of red roses and blue violets. In contrast her sober bedroom with janky black walls and Cardi B music posters told another story altogether. She lightly opens up a brown rickety closet door, then slathers inexpensive clothes from a local bargain shop named Barney's' on her back. "I pray for a blessed day. Phew....these past three months have been somber enough."

Taking in the quaint scenery outside the lavender panel of the left window she pokes her light green eyes out of the lavender panels. She sees mellow, sunny skies, and distant tall mountains-POOEY! A sigh of relief however. "The town: I'd call this home. Who wouldn't? 'Twenty-two, Sara May Lane' is far from a resort but still my home. Who'd even last in the old days? Last time I checked I was just an astronaut fiddling with a rockket from NASA... I thought about it."

When I was seven to begin with and it all started because of my blasted marbles... I thought about that time I almost died and drowned. I was seven and he was older than me...a guile, blue-eyed and black bearded man. because of her trepidation. He said crazily she cast a spell on him that cost him his small fortune. Of course he had no proof. But the tables could have been easily turned.

Always brimming with activity the town was this place called 'home' to her. The old stone grey well was a wishing well and the solemn townspeople were apt to pray there like faithful church goers. But no one knew that one fateful and uneventful chilli night that there would be more in store for Winifred.

Winifred gently unfolds one of the shirts she had gathered from her closet. She rolls a black smiley face shirt down her flat chest, squeezing down to her torso like the tight grasp of a large coiled up snake.

Walking out of the small bedroom, I walk pass the wooden walls of the hallways and the staircase with a white rectangular strip lining running up it diagonally. "All of the kids would proclaim "wimpy liddo Winifred." They'd say that I was just a nice girl asking for trouble, rolling her arm out to fetch a door knob. Was I about to go out and rescue the world? Bending her head down to the square mirror in the halls, she curls out of the hall and into the quaint bathroom. People don't care what I think. My plans to escape are starting to sound absurd..." Winifred thought to herself.