A Deadly Betrayal

One week later...

"The school will be reopening next week." Lori said.

She and Winifred spent the following week going over the plan they had laid out with Sneeves. It was a complex situation. The three didn't know whether it would work out as it was conceived but they had to try. They had to at least give it their all because they had no other ace up their sleeves at the moment. Arty. Sneeves. That's all they had.

"Lori, I know this is tough on you." So I want you to know that if you ever feel like quitting, I will support your decision. Winifred said calmly. After all, that's what friends are for.

Lori smiles. "Oh, no, Winifred, its alright." I don't feel like quitting. I mean, I thought about it. But, who wouldn't. We agreed to stick together. "Remember?"

Winifred smiles. "I remember, friend."

The two walk out of the room of their very spacious house. Which was decorated nicely. There was sofas, paintings, and sculptures. But they really spent most of their time at the enormous pool they had.

"We should just take it easy this week," Lori said. She curls up her pinky finger. Deal?

Winifred looks up and said: "Deal."

Then, Sneeves jolts out from behind a corner and surprises the girls.

"Hello." Girls, what are you two up to? He said. I just came from playing some more Sleekeo with Arty. He's really good at the game. I can tell you that much. Why, I never met anyone as smart as he is.

The rolling mellow skies echoes the rolling mellow grass the kids walk over. The fountain was a centerpiece.

"Sneeves," Winifred said. We're going to put the plan into motion today. Jiminy told us we should strike before school started but that we should also take it easy. Who knows what lies ahead? Not me, not you, and not Lori. Jiminy does. "Right Jiminy?"

"Right you are," Winifred. Just keep listening to me. I will guide you safely. Jiminy said.

Winifred whispers to Jiminy: "Alright."

Sneeves chimes in and said: "The patrols guard the basement level." There's two patrols that guard the area and they also have high tech security systems such as particle grids, which detect particle signatures of every person in the area.

Cautiously, Winifred looks up and said: "Okay. So, how do we get through this particle grid?"

"It seems almost impossible." Doesn't it? Lori said.

Jiminy began to telepathically talk to the three with his mind.

"Listen," he said. This is not a problem. "I can transform your particles easily to mock a patrolmen or any worker on the grounds."

"But, there's a catch, right?" Said Lori.

Jiminy activates again. "Yes," said Jiminy. "Only Winifred may go through, he said faintly. "I can only activate it for one person."

"Well, that settles it then," said Lori. Winifred, you have to do this by yourself.

But I think its highly dangerous and I don't want her to get hurt. She thought.

A pause.

Winifred began to pat down her coat. "Ah," she said. Here it is. My Elemental book. It was here all along. Now I will be ready for whatever lies ahead. See you later guys.

"Wait." Sneeves said. "Shouldn't me and Lori question more students about the history of the school?"

"That's a good idea." Yes, Winifred said. You two go along and question more students. But, take Dapper with you. Just in case you two run into trouble.