Not Your Average Elements

Sneeves jolts into the classroom.

He turns to Lori in the classroom and said, "Mr. Rupard's coming. He's furious! He found out about our late night escapades," as he slammed the grey door behind him like a falling set of dominoes.

The classroom was hushed, as the students all look puzzled.

Lori stood up straight. "Sneeves, she said. Winifred collapsed and is  unconsciousness. We should get her to the medical bay as soon as possible. She could be exhausted from the detective work we've been doing." She whispered to him.

Walking quietly behind Sneeves and Lori, Dr. David turns back on the lights and said, "that will do, Lori. Please go get a staff member from the medical bay to come and pick Winifred up. He observed the two. I pray she is alright."

Dr. David leans against a small empty brown desk with his bare knuckles curled up against it. The grey door opens, and there was Mr. Rupard solemnly standing there facing Lori. Mr. Rupard wasn't an astute man with all the answers. He didn't have much of common sense to begin with because he'd blame everyone else but himself when the going got tough. Or so the teachers gossiped about his disreputable nature.

The classroom got silent as the gentle white lights from outside peer on in.

"The murder, Lori began to speak, we..." Then, Mr. Rupard interjects.

"Enough, Lori. His scaly green hands were tossed at her like daggers. You two are on your way out of this school. When Winifred recovers, you two will see me in my office and will be properly expelled. I've actually been waiting for this day. You see, I can't have you two doing what you do. Snooping."

Sneeves slides out from behind Lori. "Listen, Mr Rupard. Sneeves said to him. This wasn't entirely their fault. There was the macabre murder. They felt they we're targets and not safe in the school. So if we took this down to Serrus courts, they'd have a pretty strong case. Don't you think, Mr. Rupard?"

...

Mr. Rupard's furry black brows etched up like blinds. "Ahem, well, I'll get going. Pray for Winifred. The school hopes she gets better and wishes her a speedy recovery. I must be going now," as he dashingly exits the door.

Three days later...

"Winifred wake up yet? Sneeves said to Lori, perched in the halls of the Medical Bay with white and blue walls.

"I don't really know, Lori lashed back."

"Lori, why don't you go check on her? Maybe she'll be alright."

The Medical Bay was a small nestled away room with many supplies such as bandages, alcohol and ointments. There were female nurses on staff. Each nurse dealt mainly with small issues such as cuts from fights, bruises or the common cold.

Glancing on wildly, Lori said, "Winifred. She's waking up!"

"Well, why don't cha' look at that. Sneeves said to Lori, monitoring Winifred. She's pulled through! He begins to walk out of the room. Nurse, nurse, he yells."

Lori slinks in closer like a cobra. "Winifred. Oh, Winfred. Are you alright? It's me, Lori. I feel absolutely terrible about this."

Winifred steadily rises up in the medium sized bed. "Don't worry about it, said Winifred, as her weary eyes was still waking up from her slumber. You didn't do anything to me. She said faintly.

With a bat of her merry green eyes, and a smile, Lori said, "well, you know, we can just go back to our regular class schedules and forget about this murder if you want."