The Jazz of the Amusement Park

The lunchroom was filled with many students. They mosey around and looked weary from all of the school work as they talked and laughed with one another. Winifred and Lori creep into the lunchroom softly like a small hush.

As they walked through the spacious lunchroom, Lori began to stare coldly at Winifred. "Winifred, that computer was most mysterious, don't you think?" Lori said, shining a felt stare at Winifred. Her ears were covered with some small white headphones she wore in between classes. Of course to sneak a listen at the latest Taylor Swift.

Winifred thought in a fastidious manner before she said a word, sure not to say the wrong thing. "The computer must be some type of firewall for the mainframe. Winifred said softly rolling her tongue and smoothing out the words. Winifred then began to stride along the white walls with plaster square compartments. She was dangling some stainless steel keys. Eureka! Look at these. She said somber. These keys are to the computer science lab. Snatched 'em off a patrolman. He wasn't looking so I took it off him before we got here with an air elemental move I picked up on: Twirling Cyclone. His name was Jonah or something. She fluttered a sly smile. He's  kind of cute..."

Winifred begins to unravel the keys and turns to put it in her pocket.

The two walk back to the the entrance of the lunchroom and saw Sneeves. They were greeted with a hearty handshake.

"Hello, Winifred. How do ya doo? Sneeves flips his right hand up to her, his palm extended. Winifred, I have to say something:  You best dump little tramp here. He points. She doesn't belong in this school. Her power level is far below our own. Mine's 91. Join me, Winifred? We can partner up for the trials. He said with assurance."

Winifred peers up baffled. "No! Absolutely not! Lori is my friend. She wraps her arms around Lori's neck pulling her closer. I can't up and abandon her. It'd be a great misuse of our friendship. And we've been friends longer. Your guile tricks wont work on me. Goodbye."

The two girls began to head to her dorm rooms, feeling dismayed once  again.

"What does Sneeves know anyways? Why he sounded like a jerk and acts like one too. Winifred thought. Reminds me of back home. I was estranged from my family... Outcasted because I wanted to stray too far away from the family roots...They'd ostracize me.

Back in their dorm rooms, Lori begins to undress and put on some nicer casual clothes. She had plans to head out to an amusement park on the school grounds later that night with Winifred before the trials would commence tomorrow.

As she begin to walk out of the door, Winifred snapped, and looked around wearily.

As they walk by the computer lab it looked unchanged, but there was also the computer that was still in the room with large white panel windows. They creep in softly. They noticed that it was running an operating system called 'Beta Dex.' Beta Dex didn't exist as a software manufacturer. It didn't exist period making this program bizarre.

"What was it?" Thought Lori.

Lori begins to monitor the computer, glancing at it up and down and from left to right but she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. It was not really doing anything. Not even a peep. What else is this computer capable of? Ponders Lori.

Winifred was distracted by the computer. Mining it coldly. Then it boots up and flickers back off. It's rebooting, Lori." Look at this, she points, feathering the area with her dainty finger.

Beep. Beep. It boots back up.

Winifred wrenches out her neck. "We're online! Winifred said. Does this have to do with the creaky floor bed? Could the floor bed be concealing the  mainframe, Lori?"