Chapter Sixteen

Jade could have been making a killing today, but she had to get glammed up for her date tonight. She had something for De'Ante's ass. He had been on the bullshit, but Jade was about to show him how she really got down. My mother was going to the salon with me to get my hair done. Jade sat outside her mother's house as she waited for her to come out.

A few minutes later her mother came out looking flawless as always. She got in the car and smiled over at her daughter. "Hey baby."

"Hey momma. How you doing?" Jade backed out the driveway.

"Oh I can't complain. How are you doing?" She folded her hands in her lap.

"I'm doing good for the most part. Just a little bit on edge and not to mention Kendrick is here in Atlanta." Jade shook her head.

"The hell his scarecrow ass doing here. Don't nobody want his ass and I know if he here that lil' hussie somewhere close by, but we ain't worried about him because you got De'Ante. And Kendrick ain't got nothing on De'Ante honey."

"Momma you are too much. De'Ante and I aren't together we are just really good friends." Jade said as she made a right turn.

"For now." Her mother replied simply.

Jade didn't say anything as she pulled up to the salon. She wasn't sure if they would venture into a relationship or not. It wasn't something she was pressed for, but if it happened it happened; although she really did like De'Ante. They got out the car and headed inside. As soon as we stepped through the doors Lexi greeted us excitedly.

"My two favorite clients." She clapped.

"Hey Lexi." Jade walked over and hugged her before sitting in her seat.

Janetta sat in one of the waiting chairs. She wasn't planning on getting her hair done. She was just accompanying her daughter. She was happy that her daughter was enjoying life. She had been so worried about her daughter because she had become closed off from everything. Now that she had met De'Ante she may soon get some grandbabies.

********

Lexi turned Jade around to face the mirror. Jade was in awe of how she looked. Her hair was giving her so much life. She couldn't wait for August to see her tonight because tonight was gon' get real as hell. She thanked and paid Lexi. Her and her and mother headed next door to get manicures and pedicures. Jade was going all out tonight.

"Jade why is that girl over there looking at you like she smell shit?" Janetta asked as she inclined her head in the direction where the girl was sitting.

Jade looked up and sure enough there was a girl looking at directly at her with a hateful stare. The girl looked familiar, but she just couldn't remember where she had seen her.

"She looks familar, but I just can't put my finger on it right now." Jade said.

"Well she looks like trouble." Janetta said as she looked at the girl.

Jade looked one last time and narrowed her eyes. Something in the pit of her stomach was telling her that she had a connection with De'Ante. Time would tell, but right now her focus was on her date tonight.

********

Jade stood in the mirror and admired her look for the night. She looked angelic in her all white. Too bad she wasn't going to be an angel tonight. She smirked as she fluffed her hair. She already knew that De'Ante was gon' feel some type of way when he saw her in this dress. It hugged her curves to perfection. Stepping into her champagne gold red bottoms she ran her hands down her hips.

The sound of her doorbell made a full fledge smile appear on her face. Jade strutted to the door and swung it open. "Hey you." She rested her hands on her waist as she looked up at his tall frame.