Chapter nine

Your vote counts√

Support!

Enjoy!

I behaved as if I didn't see anyone coming. Immediately, I switched it away from the pictures we were staring at to his camera. I kissed his cheek, taking a very quick picture. He was still smiling before he finally knew what was going on. Betty's eyes found mine and I smiled at her. Except that, hers were red like a hot charcoal. Sorry baby. You are still paying for the toilet scene.

"Just friends." I mouthed, and I was sure she felt like piercing my body with her long nails. Who cares? I laughed a little, waiting to see Victor's reaction. He didn't know I just set a bait for him. Whichever way he reacted would answer my question. I wanna know if this lady was more than what Kunmi told me. Kunmi mentioned about the two being close friends. I really do not care but Betty pissed me off most times. I wondered how Victor was close with someone like that. Like I expected, the two looked at each other in a way that was strange and confusing before she stormed away.

Victor stopped walking and I turned to him. "Hey what happened?"

I've never seen him that serious. His face was no longer smiling. "Suzy what was that for?"

Yes, his reaction says it all.

He cares!

Victor cares for her.

I was quiet for some seconds. I didn't know what to say. I thought they were just friends. How come he was so affected by what I did. "Victor I was only taking a picture of us. Have I done anything wrong?"

"No, you haven't." This time, Victor's voice was cool and slow. He was trying not to show his reaction or trying not to make me angry. I actually couldn't read him at that very moment. "We will talk later." He dismissed me and turned to leave.

I wish I know what they had together. They weren't just friends and Kunmi told me they never dated. I walked away from him. I was freaking angry at him. I didn't know why, because I shouldn't. But I felt he dismissed me because of her. Almost reaching the game class, I realized I was still having Victor's phone. I turned back to return it to him. I prayed to meet him on the way. Close to reaching the hall, I heard a girl's cry as she spoke with anger.

"I'm surprised Victor! What is it about her that actually turned you against me?" It was the beautiful BB. I wondered why I was still calling her beautiful BB.

"Betty calm down." Victor's voice was quiet. He never spoke to me that way. So cool. "You know we've talked about this. We agreed we can make friends. Suzy and I are just friends. Nothing more. Not now or ever! This shouldn't bother you cause we've talked about this. If it works again, fine. If it doesn't, God knows why. But then, Suzy is just a friend. I don't think I want anything more."

I felt like someone just struck my heart with what I heard. I felt like crying, but I didn't need it. I meant nothing to him at all. Not now or never! God! That was too much to hear from someone who meant so much to me.

"So did you just forget about me?" I heard her cry again.

"No, you know I can't Betty. We are just hoping we work things out and I can't force it."