Chapter nineteen

It had been three days and I haven't talked to Victor. I went on my own ignoring him while he also behaved like I didn't exist too. I was glad to hear from Temi when I called. She sounded much better. All by myself, I sat on my usual seat in the class, any free time, I was sure to spend it on reading.

"Hey," I felt someone tapped me.

"Rose." I looked up at her adjusting my glasses. "Thought you were sleeping?" She was actually sleeping during the short break.

"Woke up few minutes ago. I saw Mr. Rafael now and he told me to fetch you."

I just hope we weren't having any outing?

"Why is he calling me?"

"I think it's about the school programme, but I'm not sure," Rose took her seat while I stood up.

Rose laughed. Obviously at how I did my face. "Just go," she waved at me.

Close to getting to his office, I saw many of the ss2 students and the ss3 prefects at the corner. He stood at their front addressing them. I walked closer, making my presence known. Immediately, all eyes were on me, gawking at me, like I was one kind of specimen they needed for their practical.

"Yes, Suzy welcome," Mr. Rafael greeted me. "What about Kunmi?" He asked. I remembered Kunmi's Mom said Kunmi was having problems with her eyes and needed to see the doctor.  "Her Mom told us she wasn't feeling too well to resume this week," I said. I didn't tell him the whole truth because there were lots of students there.

Besides, Kunmi's mom acted strangely. She asked us more than twice if truly we were Kunmi's friends before coming up with what she told us. I had the feeling there was something more to it. I don't want to say I had a feeling she lied.

"I hope she gets better." Mr. Rafael's voice interrupted my thoughts. "I wish she was here also. Well, I've said a lot before your arrival." He faced me. "The important aspect you need to know is that, you will be the assistant speaker of the day. Count yourself lucky," he said. Immediately there were murmuring going on as many of the students stared at me, mostly surprised by the news.

"Keep quiet and listen," Mr. Rafael warned. "Crown school will be holding a programme next week Monday about the issue going on in our society today. There will be a debate, poem, drama and other means students can communicate to the audience. That is, we've invited twenty popular schools that will be gracing us with their presence." Everyone around clapped except from me. The programme was to come up in four days time and I was just being informed. What do I do?

"Thank you, thank you." Everyone stopped clapping. "I want you all to start practicing whatever you all going to present. And Suzy," he turned to my direction. "You have only tomorrow which is Friday to see me. Don't forget," he said and dismissed everyone.

I turned away from everyone to take my leave, "Suzy!" A voice called behind me, stopping me. I looked at my back to see who it was, only for me to see a tall, fair, huge, with muscles, but not too fat. The boy was looking as if he wanted to swallow me, and that made me give him a look of... Bros, we get business together? I realised the guy knew my name, but I did not. He moved closer, smiling even before getting to me.

"I'm Sola Daniels from ss3 science department." He introduced himself. I sent him a small smile not to scare him away.

"I guess you know my name before I go on introducing myself," I said.

He chuckled. "Kindly introduce yourself miss. I only know you by your first name."

Liar