Chapter Thirty

That night, I chatted with Victoria and Kunmi. I knew Victoria would pass the news to others. It wasn't like I had not been to Lagos before. But staying with someone else except from my parents, I had never done that in my life. My holidays was always spent at home, reading or doing lessons. The only place I know in Lagos was the way to my school. I was very sure I would get lost if I tried to go back to school alone as much as I thought I knew the way very well.

If Dad couldn't take me, Mom would. In school though, it was a life without mom and dad, but I wasn't just free. It was a lot different when I got to my sister's place. Close to her school, Lagos State University. I felt really comfortable and it was as if I was at home.

It was a lot different from home because there wasn't too much of plates to wash or clothes to iron. No one to remind me of what to do or wake me up from sleep to go to school. I tried my best to always take care of the house. Once I had taken my bath, dressed up, taken my breakfast, I would sit and watch TV until the NEPA takes the light. If hungry, I would take out of her provisions and eat.

When I first saw my sister's provisions, I couldn't believe she was keeping all that, not touching any of it at all. I would take out of them to my satisfaction that I almost finished it. I wasn't worried because she had enough to buy another set if she wished to. I informed the girls about my arrival and they said they couldn't wait to see me. Temi had promised to send her home address and I just couldn't wait either.

I was on my sister's bed watching my favorite channel on Gotv, Telemundo. Also sitting on my laps was a cup with cornflakes inside it. Sister Blessing walked in and the right place she could turn to was her small cupboard where she put all her provisions.

"Suzy!" Her scream almost blocked my ears. My sister was too tush for that scream. How could she scream like that? She doesn't shout that way except she was laughing "You're going to block my two ears with that scream."

"Exactly!" She shot back at me angrily. "You've finished my Cornflakes, Golden morn and my milk, including my Milo in just a week. What kind of stomach takes that?"

Haha...

I could not laugh.

Who told her to be keeping them for Christmas.

"But sister Blessing, I only took small."

She carried my cup. "Suzy this is small? If this is how I eat, will you be able to have met all these?" She returned the remaining back inside her cupboard.

"But sister Blessing, I just took small." I tried to say to calm her down.

"Small!" She fired back. "I don't even want to hear that please."

Wait.. Why did I even talk

Sister Blessing turned to me. "You destroyed all my provisions and consumed everything. Every set. The Cornflakes, Golden morn, milk, sugar, my... Suzy just don't touch my things again!" Sweats was already forming on her forehead.

She doesn't even know what she was saying.

The Golden morn..

The Cornflakes..