Chapter Forty three

For the third time, I heard my phone ringing, disturbing my sleep.

Who on earth could that be?

Huh!

You are disturbing me please!

I groped my hand under my pillow and pulled out the phone. My eyes flicked open adjusting to the light that flashed at me.

Eight missed calls

So, I was just deceiving myself thinking my phone just rang for three times. I refused to check the caller who decided to wake up very early in the morning, disturbing someone else with calls. Such person did not have work. I dropped my phone beside my pillow, and decided to continue the sleeping business.

Arrhhh

What!

The phone was ringing again.

I'm sleeping whoever is calling.

Standing here in this place...
Wondering how forever will last..
Staring into your face...
Now thinking, wanna see the end of forever with you..
Over and over again....

"What?" I picked it up to put an end to the call.

"Are we fighting?" I recognised my cousin's voice.

"Mercy I can't say. But right now, your calls won't let me sleep."

"What!" Mercy almost blocked my left ear. "Did I just hear you say sleep. As in you're still sleeping at eleven in the morning?"

I jumped up like someone who was being beaten from the dream. "Eleven what?"

"Eleven o'clock!" Mercy laughed.

How come Mom didn't wake me up?

"Suzy can you hear me at all? Are you alright? Suzy." I heard Mercy's voice calling out for me.

"Yea. Perfectly alright."

Yes. I was alright. Nothing is going on with me.

Don't allow any guy to destroy your system.

Yes.

Alright

Perfectly alright.

"So why disturbing me with your calls?" I asked her.

"Surprise!" She laughed. "I'm coming to Abuja to spend some days with you. Big Mom told me you're back."

Wow! Mercy coming to Abuja again? Would finally have someone to talk to. I was so happy. I really missed her. "So when?" I asked.

"On my way already," she said. "I can't wait to hear the gist about your cute boyfriend. Victor Stephen right?"