Chapter thirty three

Staying at Mercy's place during the holidays was the best. After staying for a week and some days, I knew we only have one week left to resume, so I started packing my belongings. I tried calling sister Blessing's number, but it was either switch off, or not available.

I needed to get in touch with her, so I could know how my movement back to school would be. Whether I was to go back to Abuja or not. I stood beside my small traveling bag, dialing sister Blessing's number, over and over again.

"Suzy, Suzy!" I heard Mercy's Mom, calling my name from distance.

As a cultured, and trained child is expected to response, "Ma," I answered, walking out of the room to meet her, but she beat me to it.

"Oh, you're here," she walked in. "Your mom just called me, that your Dad said you should go back to school from here instead of coming to Abuja again," she said. "Blessing would be here as your mom told me, to deliver some things your Mom and Dad wants to give you," she concluded.

I couldn't hide my happy smile.
Dad really did well. "Thank you ma," I said to her. "I've been trying sister Blessing's number as well, but it wasn't going." I told her.

"Don't bother yourself anymore," Mercy's mom said. "She would be here as your Mom said. Just let me know the things you will need to take to school, and when you would love to go back, so John can be around."

I smiled gratefully at her. "Yes ma, thank you ma."

She smiled back. "Mercy would be happy to know you're still around."

I chuckled lightly. Mercy had hugged me, kissed me, carried me, and have done all sort of silly things to say goodbye to me. Guess Dad could feel I was enjoying this place.

As I was told, sister Blessing came around with everything I needed to take to school, including that special gift. When sister Blessing handed it to me, I thought I was dreaming. Though he told me to expect it, but I wasn't expecting it so quick. I was so excited. My Samsung Tab phone, was flat, and very big. That day, I called Dad and said to him plenty 'thank you', which I could not remember how many times I said it.

I even told him how much I love him. I could hear a light chuckle from him when I said it. I knew he was making jest of me, because when it comes to lesson, I can't remember saying 'thank you' with so much passion, a very loud voice, and a happy face. Not to talk of telling him how much I love him.

You know there are some things people will do for you, that you can't help but tell them how much you love them, and they will wonder if that was coming out from the same person, who never said a word about their feelings to them. Guess that was how Dad felt when I repeatedly told him how much I love him. And truly, I did love him no matter what. But that Tab he bought me, deserves a special kind of I love you, and thank you.

Mercy's mom surprised me, by buying everything I wrote on the list I gave to her. Including, all the menu menu part. And some of things I did not write down. They bought me a very big traveling box, bigger than the one Mom bought me. My provisions was three times of what I always take to school before. Mercy also bought me her favourite chocolates, including some tops, and a beautiful gown. I was full of joy at how wonderfully they treated me.

I could remember how Dad would give me money to buy notebooks and pen, pencils, eraser, and some things that is required of students. I  took pictures with Mercy, with my new Tab. We hugged each other from time to time. She would pretend as if she was crying, and I would hug her again. It was so silly, but it was fun, and the love was there. I love my cousin a lot. And I can bet it with anyone, that when it comes to Suzy, she doesn't joke with her favourite cousin.

Mercy's Dad gave me some money the day I was leaving, and also did Mercy's mom. They embraced me, helped me with my things into the car, and bade them goodbye as I entered the car with Mr. John.

•••

When you finally become a senior, there is always a new spirit, that takes over everything about you.

Your spoken English, would somehow be similar to the Americans, because of the strong phonetics you will add to it. Your style of walking, would change. The way you carry your books, or your bags would change.

Is just the spirit of finally being a senior.

Crown school students are back again! And the new seniors came with a new styles.

Dressed in my new uniform, new socks, new shoes, new bag, new books, and a new phone. It was just a stage you can't help but get something new. I walked side by side with Temi and Kunmi to the dinning hall. When Mr. John brought me, they were so happy to see me.

When they wanted to help me with my big box, they were like, 'Suzy, are you not going to leave Crown school'. I laughed, knowing how much I've been packed inside the box.

I shared with them the chocolates Mercy bought me, but I also remained some for myself. I was glad to see Kunmi had bounced back. She was looking cheerful and beautiful as always. And of course, news was carried about that a new boy in ss1 won a scholarship.

Now I could share in the spirit why everyone wanted to see the new girl then, because I also couldn't wait to see the lucky boy who won a scholarship to Crown school. One of the best schools in Lagos, Nigeria. I agreed to what everyone said about the school, because it was true.

Other prefects and I were quick to get to school on time before anyone. I couldn't finish my food just to get to school on time.

"Suzy hi,"

"Head girl you're welcome,"

Everyone greeted, as I walked out of the dining. Myself, and the rest of the prefects made sure the school was clean and neat. We monitored the cleaners, as we were told to do.

_______________________

Hi guys, I want you to know that I won't be spending so much time on this session.
It won't be as long as the other three terms, but I trust Suzy won't keep you bored. And of course, Victor miss you guys!
He would be back soon

Keep enjoying!

Don't forget to VOTE
Your support means a lot.
There is a new motivational book written by me.
"PREPARE FOR FAILURE"
Some who already given up on writing, or anything in particular, thinking it won't work. You need to read this to know what FAILURE is.
You just can't afford to give up.
You don't know how far that thing would take you.
You must do it!
You must write that book!
I hope to see you there.

Thank you so much guys.
😀😘💕💕