Chapter Twenty three

What do you expect? I couldn't sleep well. My mind was on Victor. The band. What he wrote on the band. I couldn't believe he was leaving already. Just like that? Oh God! Suzy what should we do? To be sincere, I really do not know. I kept on asking myself questions upon questions before I finally slept off.

•••

The day was as bright as every other day. Cool and peaceful like every blessed day. Everyone took their breakfast together as usual. I didn't know how they noticed something was wrong that day. The breeze was different that day. It was not like every other day for me. Victor was leaving.

"Hey, what's wrong? You're not taking your breakfast." Victoria asked and I just smiled.

"You know you can't deceive me with that smile. Now take this food and eat."

I forced myself to laugh. She was acting like my Mom, trying to force me to eat. The look she was giving me gave me no choice to pick up my spoon and eat. But to be candid, I knew I wouldn't have appetite to eat today.

But Suzy, how come? Are you a prophetess?

I laughed. Someone should get this thing out of my brain. I knew I was a prophetess and not a prophet. After some minutes, we all got to school and work started immediately. I decided to go to the library during free period. Every chance I had, I read.

With my phone closely beside me, I couldn't help checking it every minute. What if his call came in and I had no idea. As I waited patiently for Victor to call, I wrote down my little good bye message.

I will miss him.

A message came in, and instantly, I grabbed my phone.

"About to leave."

Quickly, I wrapped up my little letter, dropping it in my pocket. I knew he would be at the gathering school had organised for the ss3 students leaving. Like I heard, some wouldn't be able to come back on the graduation day. I increased my steps, but later chose to run, heading towards the hall. The hall was given a little, but magnificent decoration. Students were moving in and out, hugging one another and some were even crying. Searching slowly with my eyes for my silly senior. I needed to say goodbye no matter what. And of course, my band. I really needed to see what he wrote on my band.

Our eyes met the moment I found him. Guess he had been watching me when I was busy searching for him all long. He smiled at me from afar and that made me smile a little. As I walked down to meet him, someone hit me on my shoulder making me look away from Victor.

"Sorry," he quickly said.

"It's okay." I immediately replied so as to continue heading towards Victor. But the moment I looked up to his direction, I couldn't find him at the same spot anymore. "This silly boy where are you? Show yourself or I leave forever?" I was muttering loud enough for people to hear.

"Calling your senior silly? Do you know you deserve a punishment girl," he whispered into my ears so slowly that every part of my body began to melt at his sweet voice. I tried to stop blushing, turning around with a little frown.

"See you forming fine girl and looking stunning."

Haha..