Chapter 15:

Chapter 15:

Sometime in the next hour I end up falling asleep in Aspens arms.

And when I wake up sunlight is peeking out of the bottom of his drawn curtains.

I sit up and look around, realizing the room is empty.

I frown slightly but then think that Aspen probably had to do some kind of work.

I throw the covers off of myself and open the curtains.

Sunlight engulfs the room, and I sigh in content.

It's great to just feel the sun soaking in your skin.

I sit down on the ground In front of the huge window, and just close my eyes.

Taking this moment of peace and silence gratefully.

3 days,
3 days left until my father dies.
He will die that night, the question is will I die as well?

I sigh and open my eyes.

Too distracted by my thoughts I didn't hear the door close.

Finally snapping out of it I hear footsteps approach me from behind.

On instinct I whip around and before seeing the person I fling then against the wall across the room.

"What the- great the first Morning I try to be nice I get thrown against a wall" Aspen says glaring at me.

"What-?"

I look down and see Aspen holding a tray of breakfast foods.

I laugh nervously and set him down.

"Uh, sorry about that. Its just sorta an instinct." I say looking down at my feet.

I here him chuckle and look up,
"It's perfectly fine"

He sets the tray down on the small table he has and comes over to me using his vampire speed.

"I'm never gonna get used to that" I say as he swoops me off the ground and into his arms.

He walks over to the bed and sets me down gently.

"you Know I could have walked right? It was only like 10 feet?" I ask.

He nods his head " yeah, but I felt like carrying you" he says shrugging his shoulders and walking over to get the tray.

"oh my god!" I shout.

Aspen whips around with panick etched on his face. " What? whats wrong?" He asks. "Cassidy! where is she?! I havent seen her in so long she's probably scared to death!" I scream.

"Calm down, she's with one of the mothers." he says like its no big deal.

"Well?" I ask.

He turns around again and looks at me confused "what?" he asks.

"Take me to her!" I shout.
Geez, I have got to stop being so loud.

"Alright, okay. Just stop shouting I'm going to be deaf by the end of the day." he says chuckling.

I walk over to his bed and throw a pillow at his face and mutter "shut up."

He chuckles again and heads out the door motioning for me to follow him.

I do and we walk down a set of stairs ending up at a door.

Aspen knocks twice and the door immediately opens to a pregnant woman looking tired.

"Oh thank the Moon Goddess, your here" the woman says, relief filling her face. She glances behind her then turns her attention back to us.

I tilt my head in confusion and push past her.

I look around the room and see a large bed to the right. I walk over to it and see a small figure curled up.

Quietly making my way over to it I see that's its a little girl.

It's Cassidy.

I smile in relief, but become angry as I look more closely at her face and see that it's covered with dry tears stains.
I also see that her cheeks are a rosy red.

I turn and look over at a guilty looking Aspen and the lady I still don't know the name of, with the same look.

"You have 20 seconds to tell me what happened before I kill you." I growl at the lady.

She looks at me in fear at the tone of my voice.

"I-I well I was told to w-watch her by Aspen, a-and she wouldn't stop crying.
I tried e-everything but she just ended up crying herself to s-sleep." she tells me quickly.

I can feel my eyes flicker back and forth from the glowing blue, to the crystal blue. I try to contain my anger, bottle it up. But its so hard, and all I want to do is let my anger out on her.

There is another secret I hold, one that causes me pain almost everyday.

Flashback;

" Mommy why does my body hurt so bad"  my 11 year old self cries into my mothers chest.

I was playing with my older brother and he kept teasing me, making my anger flow.

"Baby its okay. Theres Something else I need to tell you. Whenever we get angry or mad at a person we want to hurt them. And if we dont it hurts us." she explains holding me while I cry.

"But it hurts so much" I sobbed.

"I know honey, I know. Soon it will be over." She whispered into my ear, And continued to rub my back soothingly.

End of Flashback.

I wrap my arms around my body waiting for the pain to stop and my hot body to cool down.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

I repeat that over and over again in my head, beads of sweat gathering on my forehead.

"Clarissa are you okay?" I here Aspens worried voice ask. He places a hand on my arm and I gasp at the coolness of his hand, and his eyes widen at my hot temperature.

I turn around and without thinking wrap my arms around Aspens neck and press my body against his.
I sigh in complete pleasure at the coldness.

I place my head on his chest and wait.

Once I am fully calm I pull away from him and turn to The woman, while Aspen still keeps a secure arm around my waist.

"What's your name?" I ask, my voice monotone.

She seems taken aback by my question but stutters out her name

"L-Lisa"

"Alright Lisa, if you ever and I mean ever hurt my baby, I will kill you faster then you can say 'wait' " I say In a deadly tone.

She nods her head frantically and walks out of the room.

I yank myself out of Aspen's grasp and walk over to Cassidy.

I
Kneel down in front of her and brush the hair out of her face.

"It's okay Cassidy. Im here." I whisper kissing her forehead.

__________________________

 it feels Like I havent Updated in Forever!

So I apologize for that.

Anyways my week has been super busy, Then again My week is always super busy.

Im gonna try and update this Sunday Or saturday, I have a piano recital on saturday and I have to Practice so ya know we'll see ;)

Have a great week guys and please VOTE COMMENT OR SHARE!

B.N