Unwanted

It’s a cold day, the skies are grey and the rain is pouring. I’m in a house with children running around, playing and I’m in my bedroom looking outside the window, wondering if anybody will ever adopt me and bring me into they’re family.

      I’m a fourteen year old girl who has no parents since I was only five years old. I don’t have many friends, actually I have no friends instead I’m all alone with nobody to talk to, or laugh with, I’m very shy girl and every time someone would try to talk to me I just nod and walk away only because when someone does to talk to me it’s either very insulting or they feel sad for me. I hate it. I’m all alone and people actually feel sorry for me.  There is this one girl here who is nice. Her name is Bailey, we are like sisters but she is a bit younger, and she has a better chance of leaving with a family.

“Rosie come downstairs please, its chore time.” That’s Mrs. Donovan she’s the head person at this adoption center that I was sent to by some random lady, that didn’t want to take care of me. I thought it was selfish because I’m a really good kid and I may never have a family of my own to be happy with and I’m not the prettiest girl out there my clothes are rugged and not in season but I’m very smart.

“I’m coming!” ugh chore time I hate when it is time for chores I always get the crappy jobs that only the older kids have to do and seeing how I’m the oldest here I get stuck with all of them.  

       When I get downstairs all the girls and boys are at work. “Hello Rosie nice to see you here is your chore list, you better be done before dinner alright?” Mrs. Donovan says that harsh but yet nicely, it makes no sense on how she can do that. “Yes ma’am it’ll be done, don’t you worry. Um Mrs. Donovan where’s Bailey? I haven’t seen her all day, I’m quite worried about her.” She gives me this sad look on her face; she takes me to the couch and holds me hands in hers. “Look darling, Bailey, she found a home, she’s got a family now, I’m so sorry no one told you.” I can’t believe she found a home, well actually I can, she’s very pretty and smart, and she’s got a good sense of humor. “So she’s gone? Now I can’t see her, or talk to her.” I stop there trying to hold back the tears, she’s my only friend we are like sisters that just got separated.

     The rest of the day was sad and colorless kind of like outside. When I’m off to bed I cry myself to sleep, I know I should be happy that another girl found a good loving home, it’s just that, once again I have no one in my life and I’m all alone again, just like when I was growing up, and living with my father who left me alone when I was five.

One day I hope to find a family where I can maybe call them mom and dad, and get my kids to call them, grandma and grandpa, that is if I ever have kids because in order to have kids I need a husband. But I’m sure I’ll find a guy one day.

      When I wake up, the sky is a nice blue and the sun is shining brightly. I can already tell its going to be hot, so I put on my jean shorts that go up to my knees, and a tank-top, with that I wear my flip flops, my hair is medium length, it’s a nice chocolate brown, so I decided to throw it up in a messy bun. As I do downstairs I see a women and a man with her, I’m guessing that’s her husband they must be looking for a kid! I hope I’m the one they choose even though I doubt it but I can still hope right?  

“Okay so you’re looking for the ages between three to five, I’ll go gather them up so u can see what you’re looking for.” I hear Mrs. Donovan talking to the couple. I get all sad and my hope is gone so I decide that I’m no longer hungry. I go outside on the swing by myself. No one around me bothers to ask what’s wrong, or if I’m okay. I’m sitting in the sun, watching the wind blow in the trees, and listening to the birds chirp a melody, the birds here are really nice to listen to especially when you’re as sad as I am and have no hope in life because I might just stay in an adoption center until I’m eighteen.

When I’m done mopping around and feeling sorry for myself, I go inside and have a snack. When I go inside Mrs. Donovan runs to me excitedly, like she just got a raise in her pay. “Rosie I have the greatest news for you!” she seems really happy and right now I have the biggest smile because maybe she found someone to adopt me! “What is it?? Did you find me a home and a family?” I say that like I’m hyper. “oh… no sweetie, I’m sorry but I meant that there’s new kid coming in and maybe you would like to show him around, he’s your age and I think that you to would be great friends.” I say sure quietly and walk up to my room.