Chapter 24

I’ve been at school for a couple of months now, and it has been pretty good, only a few more days till provincials, but then its summer! Man can time fly. It feels like just yesterday I was getting released from the hospital, and how I stood up to Brandi, life is good now, nobody has made a joke or a word about me, and they excepted that I only have one boyfriend, Brandon. We’ve been dating for 4.5 months now, it was great. No fights, no arguments, just love. I couldn’t ask for a better life, now that the dark unwanted days has passed, everything seems a lot brighter, and it’s amazing, only 3 more years till I graduate and move onto living on my own. I have many friends but I only trust my best friends. Sophie and I have gotten our close relationship back; we’re still the very best friends a girl could ask for. Brandi and her ‘posse’ stopped bulling; they now encourage people to stop bulling. It’s great to see how the school and everyone have changed. Everything that happened was life changing. My ‘father’ is still locked up, even though I don’t consider him as a dad, he only tried calling once to see if I’d bail him out, didn’t work though, he even talked to my mom, she just laughed at him. I still can’t believe she dated him, it’s weird.

“Rose, come down please.” I heard Bob call me from downstairs.

“Okay!” I yelled back, running downstairs.

“Hey, so uh I need your help.” He said, he seemed nervous.

“Okay?”

“I want to ask Ann- or your mother? To marry me.” his hands were shaking, but he had a smile on his face, and so did I.

“Yes! I’ll help, oh my gosh, my mom is gonna be so happy with you, ahhhhhhhh I can’t believe this!!!” I sad, maybe a little too excited.

“Great! I need you to bake a cake, shaped as a heart.” That was easy, now that I work a bakery; everybody came to me to bake cakes and such.

“Haha, alright what flavor, what type of icing and how big?” I asked like it was a normal thing to do.      

“Umm your moms favorite? And medium, ohhh chocolate icing, but make it a color to match the cake!” I just shook my head at him, such a little kid.

“Ok so red velvet cake and chocolate is brown, so in the case you can’t color it, without it being a nasty color, and ok medium great.” I said in a professional voice.

“Ok is that good cake? And oh well I feel dub, and ok cool, go bake.” With that he pushed me in the direction of the kitchen; luckily I had all the ingredients to make the cake.

“Yeah, yeah I’m on it, when are you planning on asking her?” I asked on my way walking to the kitchen.

“Today.” He said nonchalantly.

“Today? That means I only have an hour to make the cake if you wanted to take her out for dinner, then come back to purpose, what the hell is your idea on asking her?” I said in a rush.

“Whoa dude chill! I was planning on cooking something, so I was hoping you would take her out for shopping or something.” He said I reply, I guess he did think this through.

“Oh yeah sure.” I replied than got to baking. After that none of us said a word.

Once the cake was finished, iced and all, I went to change into a presentable outfit, so I don’t look like trash going to the mall or something.  Once I was done changing, I went downstairs to see Bob in the kitchen cooking away.

“Hey kiddo, so I got one of her friends to take her out instead sorry I didn’t tell you, but now you can help me bake bread!” he said while chopping up carrots.