Stays 4th the Same

IMPORTANT: This IS about Chris and Jordan but it is NOT the next chapter of “How Could I Say No?” I just really like the 4th of July. Hence the “punny” title of this chapter. :D

Jordan stared in dismay at the pile of fireworks before him that seemed to grow larger every time Jack and Alex entered the room. And they weren’t just tiny little fireworks that one could get at a grocery store. They were expensive looking rockets that looked to be the same size as him, and large colored boxes all labeled with yellow “Warning” stickers.

“Why.” Jordan sighed as Alex dropped some more explosive onto the pile.

“You need to chill. Everything will be fine. Personally, I think you need to face your fears and light one off yourself. Like this one right here!” The singer pointed to the biggest firework in the room. Jordan’s eyes grew wide and he shook his head.

“If you don’t, I will.”

They turned to see Christofer walking groggily down the stairs after a three hour nap.

“NO YOU WILL NOT!” Jordan exclaimed.

“Seriously, we know what we’re doing. We’ve done it for years!” Alex said casually. Jordan rubbed his temples and plopped down on the couch. “And how romantic would it be for you guys to fuck under the fireworks?” Alex added, and then scurried back out to the car to continue bringing the fireworks in.

“It would be pretty romantic,” Chris cooed and sat next to his boyfriend.

“Someone is going to get hit and die or something. Or burn my house down!”

“We have a big whole field behind us to set them off. We won’t be anywhere near your house, and we’ll have hoses and stuff.”

“Yeah...”

“So shut up.” And before Jordan could reply, Christofer’s fingers were tangled in his hair, and his tongue had invaded his mouth. A very effective distraction technique.

“There’s rooms upstairs with doors that can be closed, you know,” A dark haired boy stood behind them with his arms folded and an amused smile plastered over his face.

David Schmitt was a relatively new friend that Jordan had acquired after touring with his band, Breathe Carolina. The two bonded after Jordan rescued him from certain fangirl doom by quickly letting him into his tour bus after David discovered he’d been locked out of his own. It was awkward at first, but once they got to talking it didn’t take long for a friendship to blossom. When he was introduced to Christofer, Alex, and Jack, it took all of two seconds for his goofy personality to win them over and earn him a spot in their circle of friends.

“Well maybe if you were outside grilling like you’re supposed to be then you wouldn’t have walked in on us,” Christofer replied mockingly.

“There are too many fucking bugs out there! And I have zero help. Where the hell did Cameron run off to? Or better yet, why aren’t you helping?” he whined.

Jordan and Christofer exchanged a glance, hoping that one of them could come up with an excuse, but sadly, nothing came to mind.

“Alright, alright, we’re coming,” Chris grumbled and rose to his feet.

The three of them soon found themselves circled around the grill staring at it blankly. None of them had any experience whatsoever and they knew that the moment they touched it, disaster was sure to follow.

David bravely took a step forward and lifted the cover.

“Ok, I did the first step. Your turn,” he announced and backed away quickly.