Chapter 10: Two Truths, Many Lies

Let me just start off by thanking all of you for the 1k views on OTST! Finally hit that milestone on this book (even though half those views are probably me skimming for errors through the chapters lol) Thank you so much, you amazing readers!

Secondly, I apologize for the long wait! I wasn't kidding when I said my updates would get slower. I'm really trying! I still stick around on Wattpad to read books, but I can't effectively write without my laptop.

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail and Nashi belong to Hiro Mashima. Kkumri owns Storm, Rin, and Reiki while I own the remaining Next Generation OCs.

Please enjoy! Gonna try to make it worthwhile after this long wait!

The door swung open abruptly and a figure came running out.

That is, they tried to dash out, but instead found themselves crashing into the walls of an enchantment, prompting a yelp of surprise followed by a pained groan.

"Goodness, my boy! Are you alright?" Makarov questioned the teenager in dismay. Rin slowly peeled himself off the runes while chuckling sheepishly. "What was that?" he asked.

The aged man then sighed. "Right, he can't hear me...Freed, let down the sound-proof rune." The green-haired wizard nodded once before he lifted his sword and slashed right through the enchantment. The scripture letters fell into nonexistence as the spell was undone.

Rin cautiously poked the air in front of him with a skeptical look. Once he was convinced there was nothing there, he smiled and stepped forward, allowing the remaining time travelers to step out of the office to face Makarov. The kids looked outwards over the balcony. Nervousness wracked them as they watched the many eyes watching them from down below. The entire guildhall had their attention dead set on the wizards on the second floor. No one made a sound. Fairy Tail was uncharacteristically quiet.

The master gazed at the teens from the future. His eyes held anticipation. "Well...what have you decided?" he asked them.

Diana looked behind her, glancing at each of her friends' faces. They all nodded at her. The blue-haired woman sighed deeply. She then turned back to Makarov briskly, and put on a warm smile. "We'll stay."

Her answer brought a smile upon the master's wrinkled face. Diana continued. "But only until it's time to go back home. You know that, don't you?" she said carefully. Makarov nodded with understanding. "That is perfectly fine, my dear," he assured her.

Master Makarov then turned his miniature body in front of the rails of the second floor, and he stared at all of the Fairy Tail guild members waiting down below. They all shared looks of patience as they waited eagerly for some news. One would be speaking for them all if they said that it had been a majorly weird day. Some, more than others.

"I see I have your attention, so listen intently," the wizard saint began. No one interjected, much to his relief. "As you all know, we've received some very...unexpected, to say the least, guests. Regardless, it's been confirmed that they are indeed members of our guild, as far-fetched as that may sound. These mages faced some troubling circumstances, and as a result of unfortunate events, they have mistakenly traveled back in time and have wound up in this time period. They are from at least twenty years into the future."

Hushed whispers combined into a soft hum throughout the guild as shocked reactions made themselves audible. The wizards looked at each other disbelievingly upon what they'd just heard. Before questions could begin, Makarov continued.

"They have been taken from their rightful timeline, their era, their home. It's an unusual dilemma, but all the more urgent. So I beseech all of you, my children, to please be considerate of their conditions. I've decided we will be sheltering them as we help them find a way to return home. We may not know them, but they are our family. And I refuse to leave them alone to their problems. They will be staying with us, final."