Chapter 21: Storm's Secret

We've reach over 10K views!! Thank you, amazing readers! I'm so indebted to everyone who has checked out this fanfiction! Love you guyssss! XDDD

I also want to add that I started this chapter shortly after I published the last one, but...it's taken over a month...I'm really sorry, everyone. :( You all deserve better.

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail and Nashi belong to Hiro Mashima. Storm, Rin, and Reiki belong to kkumri, and Gail, Layla, Diana, Luna, and the plot are all mine.

Enjoy Chapter 21!

~~o0o One Month Later o0o~~

"FIRE DRAGON ROOOOAR!!!"

It should be noted that this attack was voiced by not one, but two wizards.

The dual-breath attack landed its mark on the gargantuan sea serpent, causing it to squirm unpleasantly in pain. Its monstrous body thrashed, creating huge waves within the lake.

"FIRE DRAGON WING ATTACK!!!"

Again, the pair's simultaneous attacks were in perfect sync, hitting their target effectively, and rendering it immobile as it sank into the sea.

Unfortunately for this beast, the mages weren't quite through with it yet.

Escaping its attention was a figure that was perched at the bottom of the lake, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. When that moment arrived, she unleashed the finishing blow.

"GOLDEN DRAGON BLAZING FIST!!!"

A massive inferno of golden flames emerged from her fist, penetrating the sea serpent, and invoking one last cry from it as it dissolved into nothingness.

From above, her teammates watched as a glow radiated from the waters, indicating that the final blow had been delivered. It was about half a minute before Layla's head bobbed to the surface of the lake, and she gasped for breath.

Happy, catching sight of her blonde locks, flew on over to lift her from the water and landed her on the lakeside with the other two wizards.

"Mission accomplished!" Natsu announced proudly, pumping a fist in the air, and then using his other hand to high-five Nashi.

"Way to go, team!" Happy exclaimed. "Now we're 95,000 jewel richer!"

"You mean you're 95,000 jewel richer," Layla pointed out, indicating towards Natsu and Happy. She was also using a towel Nashi had handed her to dry herself off. "Nashi-ne and I won't be taking any of it."

Natsu frowned at her. "Whaddya mean you won't be taking any of it?"

"Come on," Nashi said. "What need do we have for it? We're not trying to make a living here. Honestly, we just came on the job for the fun of it, nothing more," she explained, Layla nodding in affirmation.

"Still, take something. After everything you did," Happy said.

"No need," Nashi said, smiling. "The both of you keep it all."

"Nonsense! Each of you are taking 30,000 jewel, whether you like it or not," Natsu stated, crossing his arms.

"Dad, seriously-

"Think of it as an...what do you call 'em? Allowance!" Natsu said, grinning, and then walked off with his hands behind his head.

"Dad, it's like ten years too early for you to be giving us allowances," Layla sighed. "Yeah, and for the record, we never even got allowances growing up," Nashi informed him.