Chapter 14: Lockdown

I'm reading Eden's Zero and I am ALREADY in love! But I can't stop comparing it to Fairy Tail like there is a legit Happy in this new series... Hiro do me a favor and spare me cause my hearteu cannot handle such feelz

Disclaimer: Hiro Machina owns Fairy Tail and Nashi. Kkumri owns Storm, Rin, and Reiki. I own Gail, Diana, Layla, and Luna.

Thanks for reading!

How easily do you believe things? Do you believe everything you hear? Everything you touch? Or do you only believe when you see?

Sometimes the only way a person will believe something is if their eyes capture its sight for themselves. However, there are many things that go unseen, that are impossible for the eye to catch. But that does not make them any less real.

Take for instance the acclaimed restaurant of 8island.

As of today, the food attraction was packed with excited and famished customers, all of different backgrounds and histories. Including one in particular.

One very, very interesting customer. What is so interesting about them, one might wonder? Well, for one thing...no one knew she was there. Why?

She was invisible.

That was precisely why pickpocketing had become such a common hobby for her, and also why she was inconspicuously stealing bites from the plates of the diners. Her actions were almost never noticed. Why would they be? Who would ever deem the disappearance of their biscuit to be the work of an invisible, and hungry thief?

As the unseen figure continued with her feast, she was interrupted. A voice broke into her mind harshly, nearly causing her to stumble over and drop her collectibles. Even with the number of times this had happened, she hadn't grown used to telepathy in the least. It still chilled her and took her by surprise when it was done.

"Nedra? Where are you?" a chilling male voice rang in her mind. The girl shook the tiniest bit.

"Magnolia," she replied, once she had left the doors of the restaurant. She didn't want people hearing a voice from an unseen woman.

"I know that, you imbecile!" the voice scolded her. "Where are you within the city? Are you where you're supposed to be?"

Nedra gulped. "Y-yes," she stuttered, and immediately regretted speaking so unconvincingly.

"You're lying...you useless leech!" her master's voice barked. "You're lucky I need you. Had you not your unusual feature, I would've ended you myself...years ago."

"I'm sorry, Master," Nedra apologized, fear sewn seamlessly with her voice as it trembled.

"You were ordered to meet up with Seven at the designated site. I was counting on you. You understand the consequences if you are to fail at this operation, don't you?" the man threatened coldly.

"Yes, of course, Master," she answered timidly.

"I certainly hope so...get going."

"Understood."

The telepathy link diminished, much to Nedra's relief. She looked towards the direction of where she needed to be. She gulped.

If she and the others were to fail at this mission...God Forbid that to happen. Just the thought of what would come was enough to deprive her of sleep. And she'd lost plenty of that for the last few years of her life.

Not wasting another second on idle thoughts, she made way towards the target area.

The Fairy Tail guild hall.