Chapter 25: Very Soon

READ THIS AUTHOR NOTE!!!!!

Please?....

Where to start? I know I've said this time and time again, but I am sincerely sorry for the long wait. Which only appears to be getting longer. I'd hoped to get some more writing time in summer, but that didn't happen, and now I'm already in my fourth month of school. I'm constantly losing followers, and for whatever reason it may be, I'm fine with it. I can completely understand if my delayed updates annoy my readers, and I can't blame you for leaving the story. And to those of you who are still reading it, I appreciate it so much 'cause I honestly don't deserve it.

I started this chapter in July but God knows when it'll be posted. And given that this is my last year of high school, I'm gonna be extremely busy with schoolwork. BUT, one of the biggest things that I can't stand as a READER, is when authors discontinue their stories because they lose motivation. I get it, though! I lose motivation often, myself. But one thing I hope to carry out is to finish the things I've started. So to my readers, please believe me when I tell you I'm not abandoning this story. Even if life gets in the way, even if I drown in my school work, I will ALWAYS, EVENTUALLY come back. I'm not going on hiatus, I'm DEFINITELY not canceling the story! But I can't promise consistent updates. But one way or another (and if I'm alive) I will keep returning to this fanfic and making time for it. And I hope you guys can bare with me! I'm really gonna try, because I'll never truly be satisfied until I finish this story.

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail and Nashi belong to Hiro Mashima. Storm, Rin, and Reiki belong to kkumri. I own Gail, Diana, Layla, Luna, and Marcus.

Enjoy Chapter 25!

~~ One Month Later~~

She sat still, treading in the ocean of her thoughts, indulging in the waves of memories that flooded her mind and heart. She thought of her sisters and her brother. She thought of their parents. She thought of the haven that they once called 'home.'

She thought of how it was ripped away from them. She thought of all she had lost.

She thought of the person she had become from it all.

The girl, no older than fifteen, opened her golden-brown eyes, releasing a sigh.

"How are your wounds, Damesces-ne?" the voice of a child called out.

The violet-haired girl turned around to find her ten-year-old sister watching her with concerned eyes. Although she and Damesces had the same colored eyes, the older girl couldn't help but realize how different her sister's were from her own. So filled with compassion and innocence, while her own were tainted with hatred and coldness.

"They're getting better, Keira," Damesces answered. "But that woman was ruthless. It'll be a while before I'm completely recovered."

The young girl, allegedly Keira, took a step towards Damesces. "Why would she do something so horrible to you?" she asked sadly, as if it was the most unfathomable thing in the world.

"I wish I knew. It's like...she knew me. But I'd never seen her before in my life," Damesces pondered to herself.

"I'd say it's an odd thing, that is if it struck me as worthwhile," another voice, this time a male voice, spoke. "We mustn't worry about such, as we have more important things to attend to."

Damesces glanced at the man. He had deep indigo hair that was unkempt, and an unkind visage. He had two scars that ran from below each of his eyes, and while one of his eyes was brown, the other eyeball was entirely a pale blue. Despite his frightening appearance, Keira gave a bright smile at his direction. "Nii-san, you're back!"