Chapter 27: Battle of Crocus Part II

To anyone that knows me as a writer, you know I SUCK at battle scenes. Which is not good, since this WHOLE chapter is just fighting. Wish me luck!

Now! Who wants answers? Who wants to know the real story? Who's been waiting so long to finally learn the truth?

Well!...you're still gonna have to wait!

But it's soon! Soon, we'll know everything! And when I say soon, I mean in a couple of chapters, not necessarily time-wise. We all know how I am hehe...

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima. Storm, Rin, and Reiki belong to kkumri. I own the remaining OCs and the storyline.

Enjoy!

In her state of confusion, Desdemona almost didn't react to the wizards coming towards her, spells and weapons ready to inflict pain. Before their attacks could make their mark, she outstretched her hand before her, as if summoning something. Instantly, a jet-black scythe engulfed in red static energy appeared in her fist. With difficulty due to the vines trapping her neck, she swiped her scythe, emitting a powerful shockwave of energy towards the kids.

Realizing what was coming towards them, the future wizards were forced to leap and dodge the counterattack, knowing full well what would have happened if it had reached them. From this defensive maneuver, their assault was cut short.

The vines that had the siblings in their hold weakened, giving Leviathan the mere moment he needed to break free from them. Now that his arm was no longer restricted, he grabbed the vine. By overflowing the plants' vessels with water, the vine burst, releasing his sisters, as well.

Desdemona gasped as she was released from her chokehold. Not wasting a second, she called out to her weapon. "Gehenna, return!" she commanded, the black scythe swiftly obeying the call of its master and retreating to Desdemona's hold.

Once her weapon was secure in her possession, she positioned it defensively. "I'll ask you again. Who are you?" she growled at the newcomers.

Rather than answering her, Nashi lunged towards the woman. "Fire Dragon Wing Attack!" she roared, hurling her scorching flames at Desdemona. Had her flames reached their destination, Desdemona would've been left with some painful burns.

However, before Nashi's attack could hit, Leviathan had extinguished the flames. The man focused an attack on the pinkette, unleashing a vortex of water straight for her.

Leviathan was shocked to see that his attack was nullified as the monstrous wave was instantly encased in ice. He didn't get a chance to process what he had just witnessed before a figure appeared right before him, piercing white eyes glaring with hatred. "Ice- Make: Saber!"

Storm forcefully slashed the cold weapon down at Leviathan's front, spilling blood from his chest. Leviathan gave out a cry mixed with surprise and pain. Storm wasn't finished.

"Ice- Make: Stiletto!"

A dangerously sharp blade, tapering to an almost needle-thin end, formed in Storm's fist. With zero hesitation, he aimed to plunge it straight into Leviathan's heart.

"Leviathan!" a cry rang from above. The carrier of the name was lifted into the air before Storm could finish him off. The ice wizard growled lethally as he watched Damesces, in her bat form, carrying her brother out of harm's way.

Desdemona gave Storm a vicious glare. Tightening her hold on Gehenna, she swiped the scythe, releasing another wave of dark energy towards the man.