Chapter 20: Unspeakable

How's it going, everyone? :D Back with another chapter!

By the way, is anyone else stoked to see everything in the manga finally being animated? Personally, I canNOT wait for the part where Gray and Juvia kill themselves for each other! (Yes, I know it's a while away but lemme be) They better make that part nothing short of perfection.

Anyway, I know I'm SUPER late but Happy Holidays everyone! And hope you all have a Happy New Year! I'm so indebted to each and every one of you that have supported me and this book wouldn't be where it's at without you! Thank you guys so much for reading my fanfiction! SaFire loves you all! <3

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail, Nashi, or the male Next Gen characters. I simply own this plot and Layla, Diana, Gail, and Luna.

Enjoy!

"And...that's basically what all of that amounts to," Erza concluded, giving Jellal a smile, as if everything she had just told him wasn't a mind-boggling and life-changing story.

Jellal, in response, nodded with a passive face. "So, let me get this straight... what you're telling me is that these new faces are not ordinary wizards, but that they are time-travelers who've come from twenty or so years into the future."

"Well, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise," Wendy said good-naturedly. "We've dealt with time-travelers before." She was referring to Rogue and Lucy, of course.

"Right. I know that. But then you've also disclosed the fact that these wizards are your children, that do not exist in our time...yet," Jellal continued. If he was uncomfortable talking about this detail, he did an outstanding job of hiding it.

"These wizards are also standing in this very room, so you need not speak of them so objectively," Carla reminded him, pointedly. Gail and Storm waved in the background.

"Of course, my apologies. However, I'm afraid I can't speak lightly of the fact that their presence in our time is likely to begin a series of events which will drastically affect the timeline, and in turn, the future that they've come from," Jellal said. "I certainly hope that this doesn't come as a shock to all of you," he said, reverting his attention to the wizards in question.

When no one else answered, Gail shook her head firmly. "It doesn't. We're completely aware of the consequences of the situation. But it doesn't change what's been done."

"Besides," Storm added. "We've already explained to Master Makarov how we're here. He can tell you all about the accident."

The little man nodded grimly. "It's true. They've told me everything."

There was a minute of silence. Jellal looked away from the guild master, and focused his attention on Diana. The woman looked rather uneasy under his stare. She looked away.

Jellal tried his hardest not to look too suspicious. The last thing he wanted was to intimidate his...his daughter...but he couldn't ignore the voice in the back of his mind, that was trying to push to the front of his thoughts.

Something wasn't right.

Before Jellal could voice his concerns, there was what looked like a tear in the fabric of space in the center of the guildhall, prompting the startled wizards to back up.

"Woah, what is that?" Cana question.

"I don't like the looks of it," Mira said, worriedly.

The mages eyed the tear cautiously. It looked to be morphing into a portal of some sort, which made them even more wary.