Chapter 5

The following Friday, Bella came home, asking about La Push.

“It's the beach, down on the Quileute rez. Why?” I said, answering her questions.

“Some of the kids from school are going down tomorrow. Wanna come with?” She asked. It struck me as extremely off that she was being so nice to me and offering to let me tag along.

“I would, but I promised Kim that we'd work on cheer stuff tomorrow,” I said. Kim and I were named the captains for next season, so we have to start working on a dance and stunts and some new cheers. Kim's from the reservation, but the high school on the rez sends kids to Forks High for things like sports.

“Dang it,” she said.

“I can text her and see if she'd wanna meet at the beach and work on some stuff,” I said.

“Would you?” She asked. I nodded and sent the text. Kim, being the passive type of person that she is, didn't care where we met.

"It's not like crazy busy or anything, right?" She asked.

"Um, no," I said, shaking my head slightly. "Why?"

"Um, no, uh, yeah, no reason," she said before taking off up to her room.

The next morning, I put on a bikini with some jeans and a tank top over top. Most people found the March air too cold to dress like this, but I've lived here my whole life so it's never bothered me. I was used to being dragged into the water by the boys, so that helped my acclimation to the cold water.

“Come on, we're going to be late,” she said. I grabbed my leather jacket and slipped it on in case it was too cold there and headed out to Bella's truck.

When we arrived, I realized why Bella had insisted that I come. Tyler was there, and Dad wasn't exactly getting along with him right now.

“Hey, girl,” Kim said, greeting me as I walked away from Bella and her friends.

“Hey,” I said.

“This is Jared, my boyfriend. He was just keeping me company until you showed up. Jared, this is Allie,” he said. I recognized him as Jared Cameron, one of Sam's minions.

“Hey, Jared. It's nice to meet you,” I said.

“It's nice to meet you too, but I've gotta go. See you guys around,” he said before kissing Kim's cheek and running off into the woods.

“Aimes,” Jake yelled, jogging up to Kim and I about two hours into our work.

“Hey, Jake. What's up?” I asked.

“We were just hanging out on the beach when we saw you guys,” he said, motioning to where Embry and Quil were standing with Bella.

“Cool. Jake this is Kim. Kim this is Jake,” I said.

“Jake, quit talking to your lover and let's go,” Embry yelled. I rolled my eyes as Jake took off for the boys.

“So what's with you two? And why does he call you Aimes?” Kim asked.

“Jake and I are just friends. As for the Aimes thing, my initials are A M S, so he decided a long time ago he was going to call me Aimes because everyone else called my Allie,” I said.

“You two are not just friends,” she said while laughing. It was cut short by a howl in the woods.

“I've gotta go,” she said. “My mom wants me home in time to meet up with her parents for late lunch.”

“Yeah, of course,” I said politely. “We've gotten a ton of stuff done today anyways.”

“See ya Monday,” she said. I nodded, knowing that despite season being over, Coach was still having open gyms. She took off for her car and I headed back to Bella and her friends.