Chapter 34

After the wedding ended and Bella and Edward left for their honeymoon, we headed home. When the six of us arrived back at my house, Seth immediately changed and took off into the woods, probably scared of getting in trouble for being at the wedding all day.

"We'll take Billy home," Sue said, standing a little closer to my dad than she had earlier in the day.

"Thanks," Jake said. I knew he had gotten the night off from patrols and he had said he wanted to stay with me.

"You're welcome, but, one condition, I'm too young to be a grandpa," Dad said.

"Um, dad, you literally just sent your eldest off to her honeymoon," I said, over-emphasizing the word honeymoon.

"I know, but you're too young to be a mom," he said.

"And, I'm too young to be a grandpa," Billy added.

"Yes, sir. No kids. Got it," Jake said.

"Alessandra," my dad said.

"Promise," I said, and he believed me because I wouldn't break a promise. The three adults decided Jake and I could probably handle ourselves and they headed off to address the reservation.

"What do you wanna do?" Jake asked.

"Right now I'd like to change out of this dress," I said.

"Alright, I've gotta change too, but like then what?" Jake asked as we headed up the stairs to my bedroom.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"A little after seven," he said.

"We could run to the store and get the stuff for sundaes," I said, smiling at the thought of ice cream.

"Sounds good to me," he said. I entered my room and grabbed a pair of running pants and a hoodie before going to the bathroom and changing.

"Hey beautiful," Jake said as I walked back into my bedroom.

"Hey, so question," I said.

"Hey, so answer," he responded. I rolled my eyes a little but smiled at him anyways.

"Um, why'd you get so angry earlier?" I asked.

"One of those leeches that they invited, Irena or something like that, got pissed that Seth and I were there and Edward felt the need to pass along the message. I just got angry that she thought she had more a right to be there than us just because we killed her crazy leech boyfriend when he was trying to kill Bella," he said.

"Oh, well, you don't have to worry about that crazy leech again. It's not like they can stay here once Bella is changed. She'll have to change too much and people will notice," I said.

"I know babe," he said. "Should we go Redbox a movie and get the stuff for sundaes?"

"Sounds like a date to me," I said, grabbing his hand as he stood up from my bed. He led me down to the car and opened the door for me dramatically even though we were just headed to the Redbox and the grocery store.

"Jake," I said as he got in the car, laughing at me.

"Hmm," he responded.

"I love you," I said. "Like, I seriously love you and wanna marry you so we can act like dorks for the rest of our lives."

"That sounds amazing," he said. He kissed my lips slowly, moving to deepen the kiss before remembering that we were in opposite seats of the car.

"Shall we go, m'lady?" He asked in a ridiculous voice as he started the car.

"I suppose we shall," I said through laughing at him.

"M'lady, I don't know what're your laughing about. It was a rather serious question," he said continuing in the same voice as he drove.

"I'm sure it was," I said, rolling my eyes overdramatically. He sighed in annoyance and fell silent as he drove the rest of the way to the store. We got our ice cream and sundae toppings before heading out to the Redbox.

"What shall we watch tonight?" He asked.

"Umm, that one was supposed to be good," I said, pointing to some action movie.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"Not that one," I said, sliding through more movies before clicking on one.

"I'm down," he said, renting the movie quickly.

When we arrived home, we made our sundaes before heading up to my room to cuddle and watch Coco.