17

Lamar POV

"Oh, Lamar will you ever come on! We gonna be late for our reservations. They gonna give our table away."

My cousin shouted from downstairs. I was growing cold feet about this date. Tonight, I was finally about to meet Andre for the first time. Knowing we talked on the phone mostly, now it was like I was meeting him all over for the first time and I was nervous as hell.

"Come on Lamar, you got this me and Richard will be there every step of the way if you need us."

He continues to yell. Taking a deep breath, I finally straighten up and was ready to go.

Coming down the steps I grabbed my coat and hugged and kissed my mama goodnight and followed Marvin out the door. In the car Andre was none stop calling me. It made me more nervous thinking now he grew cold feet on me and didn't want to do it now. So, figuring I would give him a call just to see if he was ok.

"Hello..."

He answered after the first ring.

"Yea it's me, is everything good? I see you called me a couple times."

"Oh yeah, I'm good just making sure you were on your way to the restaurant yet."

"Yea we are, I was taking a bit longer to get dress, but we are heading there now, what about you?"

"Just dropping my cousin off at her friend's house and I'm heading to you. You excited?"

"Excited for what?"

"That we finally get to meet each other..."

"Oh yes, yea I'm more anxious than anything. I mean we have facetime before, but this is like something different."

"Yea I know right, but it will be fun. Everything will go fine."

"Ok, well we almost to the restaurant see you soon."

I said saying my goodbye and hanging up. A moment later we pulled up at the restaurant. Marvin checked us in while I bolted to the restroom. I know I was hyping myself up to get through this but, I couldn't understand for the life of me why it was so hard. It wasn't all this bad with Tyrell. All in my mind I was thinking I hope he likes me or are we gonna have another date? Will Marvin embarrass me? I was already making sweat stains in my armpits. Grabbing a couple of napkins, I stuffed them under my arms, whipped my face with a wet napkin and took a deep breath. I was already here and there was turning back now. Giving myself a quick look in the mirror, I put on a smile and went to join Marvin and Richard.

"I don't give a fuck, we could be doing other shit then playing a fucking chaperon."

I heard Richard growl at Marvin as I walked up to the table. What was eating him I thought.

"Everything ok?"

I said asking as I sat down across from them.

"Oh, yea just waiting on you. You good we saw you took off to the bathroom."

"Just needed another self-pep talk but I'm good now."

"I don't even know why you are tripping. It is not like you never dated a guy."

"I know, but this is like my first official time meeting Andre and I just want it to go well."

"Well It will and that's why me and bae here for you, right Richard?"

"Yea..."

Richard replied under his breath with the menu in his face. The table got kind of quiet briefly as I looked at Marvin with a nervous look on his face. I didn't even bother to ask what was up, I would just ask him after this date was over with. As we sat there me, and Marvin went on about life and what I was planning to do after graduating. Every now and then I was checking my phone texting Hanna about the date and how we were going. Feeling a small kick to my foot, I looked up from my phone at Marvin pointing to my right. Turning to see I looked, and it was Andre standing there.

"Well, hello sexy."

He said being cheesy causing me to blush. Greeting him I stood up and went to shake his hand. Pulling me into him he hugged me instead. He Looked even better in person. He was sexy as hell. Tall with that caramel skin. I was melting inside my head. He was built a bit bigger than Tyrell and had a thick beard.

"Looks like we a full table tonight."

"Yea we are, this is my cousin Marvin and his fiancé Richard and yall this is Andre."

"Hey, I'm so happy I finally get to meet you. The famous Andre."

Marvin said jumping up and hugging Andre.

"Umm Marvin..."

"Yes, baby___."

"Sit your ass down."

"Ok baby I was just___."

"Now."

Without another word, Marvin was in his seat. Following Marvin Andre and I sat down too followed by the waitress coming to take our drinks.

"Wow, I so happy we finally got to meet up for real."

"You, how yall two both living in the same city just never met up yet that's what I want to know."

Marvin said being all nosy.

"Damn you so nosy for real."

Richard barked at Marvin.

"Well, baby I'm just___."

"How about you just sit there and shut up and stay out their business."

"Its ok bruh, to answer your question. Lamar wasn't ready to meet because he was still with Tyrell. He didn't want to cause any problems with his relationship at that time and I could respect him on that. So, I had to wait until he was ready to make that move."

"Finally, I did it."

"Yea FINALLY, and I am happy you did too."

Andre said and broke into a laughter. A minute later the Waitress returned with our drinks and we made out orders. Andrea ordered him a steak and baked potatoes and told me to get whatever I wanted. I know he was just trying to impress me and my family, but I was still. Even with dating Tyrell we never had a date where I did not have to foot the bill. Andre was comfortable and relax with my family. He even got Richard to lighten up and enjoy the double date. Buying the table, a bottle of wine, this was the first time that I was ever feeling like I was the focus of a relationship and we haven't even claimed to be more than friends.