31

Lamar POV

"Hello?"

He said answering the phone. The bass if his voice echoes in my ear causing e to bite down on my bottom lip. Damn, I really do miss that. I thought I knew what I was gonna say to him once he answered the phone be my mind became unclear again.

"Hello...Lamar?"

He said to me calling my name sounding concerned.

"Hey, sorry was writing something...."

"Ok, but what's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to call you about something."

"Ok baby, what's up.?"

"Is you alone....cause we need to talk."

...

I was finishing up my packing gathering my belongings. Today was the day to go back home. I can't lie, I'm gonna miss everyone. I really didn't expect to have such a good time with everybody. Mending things between me and Jabari meant so much to me cause I got my best friend back and along with having Hanna with was the perfect group of friends.

"Omg, Lamar why you got to leave. You can come to stay with me and James, we don't mind."

"Umm, baby we got a one-bedroom apartment. Plus, I don't like niggas sleeping on my sofa."

"But you let your cousin sleep on it last week, see this that shit I am talking about."

Jabari claps back at James as they started to argue. Sometimes I don't know how he can put up with Jabari ass.

"Awe Lamar I'm going to miss you, you sure you have to go."

Hanna asked trying to give me those puppy dog eyes. Why were they doing me like this. I wish I could stay but I had a whole new life up in New York that ihad to get back too.

"Yes girl, I do have a job I have to get back too."

"You can transfer down here."

"Hanna, hush Im going home."

I chuckled at her as we hugged each other. Pulling back we both had tears in our eyes we were some saps. Jabari had James to put my bags in his car since he was my ride to the airport. Ihad returned the rental cause I felt better to share my last moments with the people I loved. 

"Now I know you were not just gonna up and leave without telling your own mama goodbye."

My mama said slapping me on the shoulder from behind.

"Mama, you know I was not."

I said hugging her. She squeezed me tight and rocked me as if she was caught in the spirit. She of all peoples was who I was gonna miss the most. 

"Now you dont go too long and let it be another before you come see me again. Or Ima coming up there and beat you like you stole something. Dont think you too grown to for a whipping boy."

"Ok mama I wont, I promise."

I said to her. Then on that note, I said the rest of my goodbyes and got in the car with Jabari and James and we pulled out the driveway. Finally heading to the airport my stomach began to turn and fill with knots. It was as if I wasnt ready for this. I mean I was ready to return home, but I wasn't. I sat tere in the back seat listening to Jabari continue to fuss James out for ever little thing. I couldnt even laugh at the two because I was like daze about my departure.

"Lamar, bitch you good?"

"Huh, oh yea Im good just thinking about somethings."

"Mmmhm, you thinking about Tyrrell ass, does he even know you leaving today."