Chapter 13: A Ride with a Redhead

Climbing aboard the jet, all the X-men members quickly took their seats.

Hank had taken the seat of the pilot while Ororo took that of the co-pilot despite wanting to talk more with Rudeus & get to know him on a deeper level. She was strangely fascinated with him. She had never seen somebody more... perfect, ever.

Even Hank who had met him quite recently compared to them, had accepted him quite quickly. He looked like he instinctually respected Rudeus for some reason. It may have been related to his beast instincts which were even sharper than Logan's.

Logan on the other hand mostly kept to himself, talking with Rudeus only when necessary. Actually he was like that with most people, so it was nothing new.

The other kids except Scott had begun to warm up to Rudeus especially the future iceman, Robert Drake, aka, Bobby.

Rudeus had been contemplating if he should make it clear to him that he was not gonna allow Bobby's icy balls anywhere within his private space. But he had held off on that as he didn't wanna make him lose confidence just before the fight that was heading their way.

Bobby had even offered the seat beside him to Rudeus at which Kurt also known as Nightcrawler looked quite hurt since he thought his 'cool' friend & teammate didn't wanna sit with him any more.

Rudeus of course used that chance to reject Bobby's offer & told Kurt that he could keep his seat beside his friend.

"You can sit beside me" a shy voice called to him. When he turned around, he saw Jean looking at him with a red face filled with courage & expectation.

"But I was going to sit here" Scott of course didn't miss a chance to try to be a beta.

"I invited Rudeus first so maybe you can sit somewhere else for the ride" Jean quickly said to Scott before Rudeus could say anything.

Scott begrudgingly took the savage hint & went to sit at a place close to Jean.

'Once a beta, always a beta' Rudeus pitied Scott & wondered if he should show him some Andrew Tate videos later when the dude would get famous in the future.

He then sat beside Jean in a calm manner & adjusted his seatbelts. He was not gonna show himself simping all over her just because she had one hell of a booty.

"I am Jean by the way as you already heard from Ororo. I am a student at Xavier's School." She introduced herself again.

"Rudeus Fireheart, chairman of Meta International." He did the same as well.

"So you are a Mutant too huh. Can I ask what your powers are. Mine are telepathy & telekinesis." Jean tried to continue the conversation. She wanted to keep talking to him for some reason.

"My mutant powers huh? I am really strong, durable & resistant to mental powers as you should have already found out. I can also become a incorporeal spirit for some time I guess."

"Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I do seem not to be able to read your mind. So you are like an allrounder, huh. You are really amazing you know." Jean praised him for almost no reason.

"Thanks." he still thanked her for her praise. He was not gonna reject people's kindness & praises for no reason.

They continued to chat like this for some time until Jean finally decided to ask him the question in her mind.

"By the way, have you felt something, like some weird feeling in you heart after we met recently? For some reason I have been feeling really weird like something is connecting me to you. It only stopped after I came close to you."