Chapter 98: Final preparations and Farewells

---

"Violence and destruction always seem to come so easily to even the best among us. But together, we found a better way."

— Charles Xavier (Professor X), [Excalibur, Marvel comics]

---

"Have you made all the preparations Zoya?" Rudeus asked worriedly as he was making his final preparations before leaving with Morgana.

"Yes, master. I have prepared all countermeasures against all threats that you listed. I even prepared my own countermeasures to new possible threats that I calculated as probable. All experiments and research are advancing according to schedule. Your sentinel army consisting of basic sentinels is also almost completely ready with the new modifications, although we should try to find a better power source for them than mini nuclear reactors." Zoya said.

"Yeah. That's on my to-do list. But I am not gonna spend time and resources on that. A certain billionaire playboy philanthropist will do it for us in the future. We will just copy his designs. We might even learn how to make some improvements for our sentinel army from him as well." Rudeus said as he looked at the list of some of the tasks that Zoya would have to do during his absence.

He could make Zoya invent something like the arc reactor but she wasn't an inventor nor was she a scientist, she was a godly computer. It wasn't her job to invent but only to assist someone else in doing the inventing. That's why making her spend her processing power excessively into inventing something that would soon be invented by someone else anyway was a waste of her skills. She was much better off focusing on medical and biotechnology to quickly solve some of the metahuman problems he was facing as soon as possible.

'I should try to steal the PYM particles as well. It's a pity that Hank doesn't keep that formula in any digital or technological database. I guess in terms of security, he is much smarter than Tony Stark or Reed Richards who got their technologies stolen every Sunday.' Rudeus thought sarcastically.

"As you say, master" Zoya answered as the mother box floated in front of Rudeus.

"You know, I have been thinking that once we have established enough influence in the world, I might even make a new body for you as well. I have the perfect body for you in mind." Rudeus said as he thought about the metallic pile of waste of potential called Vision in the MCU. It would be much better if he were to use it as Zoya's new physical body.

"Thank you, master. I guess, I could be of more use if I possessed a humanoid body. So I'll wait for that." Zoya said as the mother box seemed to blink and blip in excitement.

"Me too Zoya, me too." Rudeus smiled.

"By the way master, I also wanted to inform you that I found the living island of Krakoa. It seems to have settled on the moon for some reason. I have even detected some life signatures on the island concluding that the metahumans who had gone there to rescue the X-men might still be alive as you forecasted. Do you want me to carry the rescue procedure using some of the sentinels?" Zoya showed a picture of Krakoa on the moon.

"No. Let them be. I don't need any extra drama while going away. I'll rescue them when I come back. They are in suspended animation anyway. I am sure that if they were able to survive for this long, then they would be able to survive for another couple of months till I return." Rudeus said as he furrowed his brows.

'I wonder if Vulcan will be a villain in this universe as well. I really hope I won't have to kill such a powerful metahuman. Maybe he could be a good replacement for his brother in the off chance that I am unable to heal Scott's broken mind.' Rudeus thought.

He had tried healing Scott with his divine healing but there was no physical wound for him to heal. The mental damage that Scott had sustained was something that Rudeus could only heal with either really powerful psionic abilities on the level of an omega-level telepath or a mystic spell since magic could do absolutely anything in this world. Magic was pure BS.