Chapter 97: Concluding the date (R18)

---

"But while storms are pliable things... at heart, they are indomitable."

— Ororo Munroe (Storm), [X-Treme X-Men]

---

"You are sure that the Wakandan and Kenyan soldiers are not going to be a problem right since we are near their borders?" Ororo asked as she looked around.

"Naah. They won't be a problem. I am sure that they have better jobs than trying to search for a couple having their date near their border. As for the Kenyan soldiers, well I am sure they don't really even care." Rudeus smiled as he took out a picnic basket and a blanket from his inventory to start their date.

"Wow, you even brought food? I was starving. You really are caring, aren't you?" Ororo said as she began to help Rudeus lay the picnic blanket on the soft ground.

They began to enjoy their date while chatting with each other and nibbling on the food that Rudeus' personal chef Gordon had cooked for them. He had even brought an expensive wine as well for Ororo since she seemed like someone who liked a good drink.

"What do you think about Jean, Rudeus?" Ororo suddenly asked out of nowhere.

"Huh. What do you mean?" Rudeus asked hoping the conversation was not going in the direction he thought it was going.

"Well, Jean was in love with you from the start. That's why I decided not to try to pursue a relationship with you. It was only after Jean 'died' that I let myself be with you. But now you are telling me that Jean is still alive, so what does that mean for us? Will you leave Jean or will you leave me? What will you do?" Ororo asked as she looked into Rudeus' eyes as she patiently waited for his answer.

"Neither. I am neither going to leave you nor give up on Jean. I am simply going to do what ordinary humans can't. I am going to love you both equally." Rudeus said as he tried hard not to cringe from the crap that was coming out of his mouth. His only hope was that his Golden Rule skill was powerful enough to stop Ororo from slapping him or throwing a lightning bolt at him in anger like most normal women would do in real life.

"I see." Ororo for some reason became silent as she thoughtfully stared at the river flowing a little further away from them. It seems like she was already expecting it for some reason.

"Are you disappointed?" Rudeus asked as he also stared at the river with her.

"No, not really. It's just that I always hoped that I would one day find my soulmate who would exist just for me, who would only love me. But having to share that soul mate was something I didn't really expect. But I am not sad. Maybe this was what was meant for me." Ororo said as she gave Rudeus a beautiful smile.

Rudeus felt a slight pang in his heart seeing that smile. He wondered if he was actually the doing right thing by forming his 'dream' harem. For him, they were just hot latex-wearing super-powered comic characters that he was obsessed with but that didn't change the fact that they were actual real people in this world. What he was doing to them by 'collecting' them might even destroy the happiness of many of these women.

'No, I'll never let the women who love me get hurt. That's my duty. I'll give them even more happiness, love, and a better future than they should have gotten from their original lives. I swear by my own life.' Rudeus vowed to become more serious in his love life and treat his women better. They were not his playthings or collectible toys but living breathing women who loved him, they were his, his family.

"I love you, Ororo Munroe. And I promise you that I'll always love you and treat you the best I can, no matter what." Rudeus cupped Ororo's face as he brought his lips near hers.