35. Time Apart

So I was listening to 'Sign of the times' during this, so you guys can listen to it too, it actually makes it a lot better. Enjoy♡

********

Everlee's POV

I walk inside my house and rush to get upstairs. Suddenly, Lina comes out of the kitchen and raises her eyebrows in question,"Why aren't you at Asher's house?"

And as if a switch is turned on, I start sobbing. I fall into Lina's arms and cry harder against her shoulder,"I lost him. I lost him Lina."

She rubs my back without any questions and guides me to the couch. She holds me tightly while I cry my eyes out. I don't know what else to do. It feels like my heart is being broken into pieces, expect the pieces are infinite. I lost him, I know I did, I saw his eyes; doubt, disbelieve, pain, I saw everything. I did not get a chance to explain myself, why would I? I hurt him so much.

I was going to tell him everything tonight, all of it. Nothing is in my favour ever, I decided to go to the tracks and it cost me everything, my everything is Ash.

"Did he react differently than you thought?" Her voice is a mear whisper.

I close my eyes shut, more tears leaking down,"I never got the chance to tell him myself." Gathering myself and controlling my tears, I straighten up,"I was anxious, so I went to the tracks. Ash won, everything was good, I was going back when-when Rob made a whole show of celebrating Ash's birthday and he-he called me in front of everyone. Ash looked crushed, I wanted nothing less than to go to him and explain everything. When I did he didn't listen to me, he was just hurt and left. I lost him, I lost the person I love the most and what breaks my heart is that I caused his pain."

She wipes my tears,"Babe, the reaction he had was expected. I'm sure when he processes everything, you both can talk-"

"No, I don't think so. I saw the look on his face, he doubted everything we shared, every moment we had to him felt alien." I bite my wobbling lip,"My heart was finally healing Lina and now I lost the cure. I'm alone again."

She sighs sadly,"I can't undo anything nor can I make it hurt less. I just want you to know that if he really loves you, there will be a point where he will come to you, to listen everything from your mouth. And whatever decision he makes would be valid, we have to accept it. Everything happens for a reason and he came into your life to give you many good memories to remember. You were loved, cared, protected, everything you've missed in all these years."

My tears are dried now and I've lost the strength to cry more. I just lay my head on Lina's lap and close my eyes. I know she is right, I can't judge or reason Ash's desicison. All he did was love me and all I gave him was lies. I deserve whatever happens, I don't get to question anything. The only wish I have is to tell him everything, as I promised him way before. With that thought on my mind, I drift off to sleep, distinctly feeling Lina's hand caressing my head.

********

The shrill sound of the bell indicated the end of our exam. After submitting the paper I exit my class and head toward my locker. As I walk down the hallway, my eyes search for a particular face in the swarm of students. It's been two days since that horrendous night. I couldn't keep the count of how many times I picked up my phone to call Ash and hear his voice, tell him how sorry I am, tell him how much I love him. I didn't though, I had to give him time.

Atleast that's what I thought before spotting him in the crowd. My legs decide on it's own and follow him. I gain some courage and call out to him,"Ash."