12. Tracks

"I had so much fun. Seriously, I never imagined high school to be this fun." I am practically jumping on my bed.

"Well, I am glad you got to experience that. I love seeing you like this; all excited and bubbly," Lina says grinning at me.

Suddenly, she knits her eyebrows and starts thinking about something,"You know what? We should make this day even more eventful. Let's go out."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

She raises her eyebrows, shrugging and gets up from the bed. She walks towards her closet and says,"It's time to finally explore the town."

I get up from my bed and start getting ready. I would never say no to Lina. Whatever she does for me I don't even return the half of it. She deserves a day out to have fun.

We get ready and sit inside Lina's car.  She drives us to some diner away from our area. It is not so crowded which is great because I don't like eating in front of random people. The interior is cosy and natural. It is not of a particular theme but is colour coordinated.

"Damn those guys are hot." Lina whistles looking behind me.

I turn my eyes to where she is looking and they widen at the sight. Wesley and Blake are facing us along with Eveleine, Amaya and Evan adjacent to them. They are at the left corner sitting in a u shaped booth.

I gulp and turned towards Lina,"We have to go Lina. They are my friends from school. They shouldn't see me."

"Aww they are kids. Why do they look like college guys?" She ask with a pout.

I sigh loudly,"Linaaaa!"

"Lee?" a voice calls out.

Of course this is happening! Why me god?

I inhale sharply and look at Asher who is at the entrance,"Oh, hi Ash."

"Hi....? Hey Paulina." He looks confused. Paulina gives him a wave and he continues,"What are you guys doing here?"

"To eat, Duh", Lina dedpannes but quickly chuckles seeing my mortified face,"To eat of course, what else?"

He laughs,"Yes of course how stupid of me? Why don't you guys join us. Everyone is already here, I am a little late."

I open my mouth to politely deny his offer but Lina beats me to it,"Sure why not? Let's go Lee."

He grins and beckones us to follow him. I hold Lina's hand to stop her and mouth 'No'. She narrows her eyes and mouths back 'Yes. Do. Not. Argue'. She starts walking and pulls me with her.

Fuck how do I tell her that I have lied to them.

Everyone sees us approaching them and I notice Eveleine's confused expression.

I am so screwed!

"Hey guys this is Paulina, Lee's sister." Asher introduces her. Everyone greets her and introduces themselves.

"I invited them to eat with us. I hope you guys won't mind?" Asher asks nervously.

"No, not at all, we are glad to have them. By the way your name is beautiful, just like you," Blake says smirking at Lina.

Everyone looks at Blake in surprise. I mean he is openly flirting with my sister.

That's what its called right!? I wouldn't know...

Lina raises her eyebrows at first but then smirks,"Thanks a lot........ kiddo."

"Oh ... I am not that young." Blake says as a matter of fact.