4. Meeting Asher

Blake and I make our way to the literature class after the bell rings. Eveleine offers me to sit with them at lunch and goes to her class with Wesley who was walking her to the class.

I know these people will be really good friends once I get to know them but that option is out of the picture. Yes I am afraid of the consequences, Percy is a man of his words. He would really hurt them if something goes wrong. I don't want people to suffer because of some stupid decisions I made.

"Here is the lit class, let's go and find a seat." Blake's voice interrupts my thoughts.

We enter the class and he takes me to the the end of the class. He plops down on the seat and gestures for me to do the same.
I sit down beside him and start fiddling with my fingers.

He turns toward me and says," Wes will be here soon with Asher." I look at him questioningly.

"He is my best friend, a caring and kind hearted person. Well I dont say this to his face for obivious reasons. You will really like him, infact you will like all my friends. We are six in total, you already met us three, then there's Asher, Eve's twin Evan and Amaya his girlfriend." He answers with a smile.

"So did you have a transfer or something? I mean you came here in the middle of the school year," he asks after a pause.

"Um...Yeah my parents shifted here for work so...I had to enroll here," I stutter and mentally slapp myself. He does not find my stuttering suspicious and starts asking more questions about me. I answer them with more lies every time. The bell ring and more students fill the classroom.

"Damn, they are gonna be late again," Blake exclaims shaking his head.

"Hey! Wes, come here." He suddenly starts waving his hand towards Wes who just entered the room.

I turn my eyes towards the next person and then still at the sight, there's the guy I saw in the morning. He is talking to Wes but turns towards us on hearing Blake's voice. He smiles and makes his way towards us along with Wes. His eyes fall upon me and his brows furrow. Then suddenly his lips form a smile as if recognition hit him. Both of them sit on the seat behind us.

"Hey, Asher meet Everlee, Everlee meet Asher," Blake says pointing his hands toward us.

"So, your name is Everlee." Asher looks me straight in the eyes with a amused smile.

"You already know her?" Wes asks in confusion.

"Yeah I do. We bumped into each other this morning but I guess she did not like my face so she ran away without any introduction," Asher replies still looking at me with a cute smile.

Wait what! Cute! What are you thinking stupid brain?

"Um ..... no, it's not that. Actually, I was late so .." I shrugged .

"Oh right you were late, there were just twenty minutes for the bell. You were totally late," he says sarcastically with a mischivious smile.

"Stop messing with her dude. He is just joking Everlee, don't take him seriously," Wesley says looking at me assuringly.

I simply smile and turn around when the teacher enters. The class starts and we sit silently listening to the teacher. Atleast I do; these boys can't keep their mouth shut for even a second. They try to engage me in their conversation but me being my awkward self do not say much.

The bell rings indicating the end of the class. We all make our way outside the class. My next class is calculus and I have to find where it is.