23. It's you

Blake composes himself and comes out of the shock. He grins and looks around,"You guys! Thank you."

"Come on, cut the cake," Eve says excitedly.

He comes to where we are standing along with others and stands in front of the cake, still looking surprised. He cuts the cake and everyone wishes him. The cake is served to everyone and then we have our food. Blake looks really elated by the surprise, especially by the fact that all his close family is present and his favourite cousins, as he quoted.

The party is on full swing, everyone is having a great time even with an hour into the party. I am getting another glass of soda when I see Ash on the patio glaring at someone at a distance. He turns around and comes inside the house looking upset. I keep the glass on the table and walk towards him.

"Hey, are you okay?" He notices me and smiles.

"Yeah, I was.......until I saw my father." I frown in confusion. He looks at my confused state and speaks,"Um he lives in the next house, I saw him in his balcony. I used live there too. But then mom and I moved out when I was eleven, after their divorce. Just looking at him makes my mood go all the way down."

I place my hand on his cheek and make him look at me,"Hey, don't give him the power. We still have the whole weekend ahead. You said we'll have fun right?"

He places his hand on mine and gives it a squeez,"We will. I won't let you regret this."

I smile and pull both our hands down still holding onto his firmly,"I know I won't."

He smiles softly and whispers,"Thank you for coming into my life."

Before I could say anything, I hear Blake yelling,"Okay thank you for everything guys but now we have to go. Enjoy the rest of the food!"

Still with our hands intertwined we start walking towards the others. We already brought our bags down a while ago and the boys had their in the car. All of us say our goodbye's to Blake's parents and get seated ourselves in Wes' Jeep. Ash, Blake, Eve, Wes and I will be going in his jeep while Amaya and Evan will come in Evan's car.

Wes is in the driver's seat and Eve in the passenger seat with Blake and Ash on either side of me in the back seat. The journey starts and Blake yells out a loud 'Let's go'. Ash wounds his arm on the seat behind me, it's becoming a habit now, not that I'm complaining. Wes turns up the music playing a song I don't recognize but Blake does. He starts singing loudly and soon Eve joins him turning around in her seat.

Ash and I laugh at their exaggerated expressions. My eyes land on Wes and notice him glancing at Eve with a soft smile. I look away smiling; they both are so cute. I wish I was lucky enough to have that but unfortunately I can't not when I already am crushing on someone, who likes someone else.

Ash squeezes my shoulder with the hand behind me making me look at him,"What happened to your mood? Remember we gonna have fun?"

I grin and nudge his shoulder,"Of course we are, there was just a random thought in my head that's all."

His leans towards me, his breath fanning my ear,"Care to share?"

I bite my lip furrowing my brows,"I'd rather not."

I'd rather not think about it right now, not when you are this close to me.

We finally reach the lake house after half and hour of traveling. The lake house is in a forest but has a clear path to go there, as if it is all planned. We all get out from the car with everyone cracking their backs. Wes and Ash get our bags out from the Jeep.

"Why aren't Evan and Amaya still not here?" Eve questions leaning her body on Wes due to the exhaustion.

"Probably taking a break to release tension, you know." Blake says teasingly making Wes and Ash laugh.