16. I'll be there for you

Song suggestion: Easy by Camila Cabello:)

********

My eyes open at the sound of my alarm blaring. They are stinging due to all the crying last night. I turn my head up and see Lina sleeping in a sitting position, because of my head on her lap. I get up which makes her stir and she slowly opens her eyes. I know she hasn't gotten sleep last night.

"Lee, go take a bath. I'll make breakfast and then you can rest," she says with a yawn and gets up.

"No- no I gotta go to school " I say rubbing my hands on my eyes.

"Lee you don't have to go to school today," she says assuringly.

"No it's - I want to go. It will distract me and also I... it will make me feel better. I'll meet my friends and it usually lifts up my mood so....," I say with a shrug.

She smiles slightly,"Okay, but I'm still making breakfast. You need to eat something."

I nod at her and she walks out the door. I get up and a take a quick shower. My burn is aching, so I apply some ointment onto it. I choose a long sleeved pullover to hide the burn with a black leggings. After that I walk downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Okay I'm done. Bye," I say taking my plate to the sink.

I pick up my bag as Lina says,"Yeah, take care."

I hurry out of the door and to the school. I am already late, so I can't afford to waste any time. I reach school after 15 minutes of fast pace walking. I directly go to my literature class to avoid being more late.

When I walk inside I see Ash at our usual seats with Wes and Blake behind him. They are laughing at something on Wes' phone.

I reach them and say,"Good morning guys!"

They notice me and greet me back. I sit down next to Asher and open my notebook.

"You weren't at your locker today. I waited for like ten minutes," Asher says to me looking confused.

"Actually, I am late so I directly came to the class," I answer, smiling slightly.

"Oh... I thought you were gonna skip  school today and I was so sad because I would've missed you," he says cheekily.

I roll my eyes playfully,"Don't be dramatic. You can survive a day without me."

He smiles and mutters,"You have no idea."

I open my mouth to ask him what he meant but a guy comes towards our seat and speaks,"Hey guys, it's a sub for literature. You've got five minutes before the teacher comes."

He givez them a wave and runs out of the class. Wes and Blake get up and collect their things.

"Let's go to the bleachers, Ash you down?" Wes asks slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"No! no he is not. I mean you guys could do your project, you are lacking anyways," Blake shrugs and narrows his eyes at Wes.

"No we are not. We are gonna finish it soon." Ash looked confused.

"Actually, Blake is right Ash. You guys should spend more time together...... studying I mean," Wes says with a grin.

Ash gives them a look, smiling slightly,"Okay. Now go."

They both wave at us and dash out the door. I frown and look at the door in confusion Ash gets up from his seat,"We should go to the library. It would be quiter."

"What? We can't skip class." I say hastily.

"Its a sub, believe me we won't get in trouble. Please." He gives me his puppy dog eyes and god I can't resist them.