2. Settling

I walk inside my room and pick my packed bags. After the meet we were brought to the root and were asked to assemble in half an hour to depart to our new location.

I'm kind of dreading the thought of leaving this place. It was so hard for me to get used to all the people around here. I was just starting to go unnoticed by the students in my school, before that they used to pick at me every chance they got.

I go to check my belongings and stop my movement when my eyes catch a glimpse of an old photograph. I remove it from the suitcase and look at the smiling faces. A five year old girl with her tiny hands locked with her mother and father. My parents, who were my everything until they decided to sacrifice me for their benefits.

They did wrong me but they were my parents, I still love them with all my heart and that's the only reason I have this photograph with me everywhere. I miss them everyday but I also can't forget the fact that they let me go, just like that. My heart hurts as the memories of my childhood flashes in front of me. The weekly park trips, the home games, dad pretending to be a horse to give me a ride on his back, mom bribing me to behave when we visited their friends and then giving me a chocolate bar at the end of the day.

"Let's go the jeeps are ready," Lina states walking in my room pulling me out from my thoughts.

"Yeah, let's go," I say grabbing my bags and turning towards her.

"Were you crying?" she asks warily looking at my eyes. I shake my head and sniff slightly. She sighs and continues,"Were you about to cry?"

I nod sadly and am engulfed me in a tight hug,"I love you don't ever forget that," she mumbels against my shoulder.

"Love you too," I reply lovingly,"Come on now, let's go before the gangsters send a search party for us," I say pulling away from the hug and ushering us downstairs.

********

After 4 hours of travelling we finally arrive at our destination. The best part of today was that we were told that we will be living in small houses with just few other people, as there were no big houses in this town for the gang. After alloting us our houses and distributing our works to us Declan goes to his own place.

"First rule; don't utter a single word to a commoner in this town about what we do, which means no socializing," says Percey another one of the gang member but unlike Ricky he is terrifying. He will be staying with me, Lina in the same house along with Kyla, Damon, Angela and Brandon. All of us are sitting in the living room listening to Percy's instruction.

"Lee especially you. You are going to start your new school tommorow, but that doesn't mean you are gonna make new friends. We are anyway keeping an eye on you," he states with a glare at me.

Percy is eighteen, with dark black hair and several piercings & tattoes adding to his intimidating personality. Him, Damon and Brandon are also enrolled in the same school as mine, which is not gonna go well I just know.

Percy doesn't like me for some reason. He always expressed at that through his words and action. Even when we were kids he used find ways to hurt me both physically and mentally. He was reason no one liked me back at my school, it seemed like he had a grudge on me, he still does I guess.

"Grow up Percy, Lee knows what to do and what not to do okay? So just calm the hell down. We are gonna go to our rooms now and rest," Lina states angrily and pulls me towards our room.

We are supposed to share rooms on the second floor. There are total 4 bedrooms in the house one is for me and Lina, other is for Kyla and Angela on the same floor as ours. And one of the downstairs room is of Damon and Brandon's. The other one is Percy's alone because well.... because he said so and everyone knows better than to argue with him about that.

"He really gets on my nerves," Lina says walking inside the room and kepping our things down.

"It's okay, don't stress yourself out for that. I am gonna freshan up real quick." I make my way towards our personal bathroom inside the room.

After we are done getting fresh, we organise our room and closet. Finally on being done, we collapse on our separate beds facing each other.

"So what are the plans for tommorow?" asks Lina excitedly.

"What plans? Tommorow is my first day at the new school," I ask cluelessly.

"Exactly what I am talking about. Your first day! You are gonna make some really good friends and of course find a charming boyfriend for yourself." I roll my eyes at her enthusiasm.

"You and I both know that's impossible. You heard what Percy said right? No socializing, not that I am any good at it," I say with a long exhale of breath.

"Look, you never know what you become good at. I mean you should atleast try making some friends and living your life Lee. You can't give up." Lina gives me a encouraging smile, sitting up on her bed.

"Okay," I reply half heartedly but I know that is a lie. By making friends, will I not only risk my life but also risk the lives of people involved. That's not who I'm, making myself happy shouldn't involve hurting others.

"What work did you get?" I ask her changing the subject.

"Keeping track of the extortion money In short using my maths skills to the fullest," Lina says with a bored expression,"What about you?"

"The usual, entertainment and services," I reply humerlessly.

"Where this time?" asks Lina sympathetically.

"Racing tracks," I say sighing.

There is a long pause before Lina speaks again,"Well, atleast you will be seing hot guys in leather jackets racing cars" with that we burst out laughing loudly.

********

We have dinner with Kyla and Angela at 7:30, the boys are not in the house and frankly no one cares. After finishing dinner we go to our rooms and lay on the bed without wasting any time, exhausting seeping in our bodies due to today's events.

Tommorow is my first day at school, saying I'm nervous would be an understatement. Changing school is not the problem here, the gang often did that. It's the people in worried about, my experience with meeting new people hasn't been a good one. There is something different in the energy surrounding this town. It feels content, new, ...... safe. No, who am I kidding? That word will never be associated with me, never.

In the middle of my thoughts my eyes start to droop slowly and I fall asleep. But soon am woken by an awful nightmare.

********

Who is excited for the next one!?

Thank you for your love guys.

If you liked the chapter please vote!!

And feel free to point out any mistakes:)

- Love❤