40. The truth

Third person POV

The room is busteling with men everywhere, chatting, laughing about their day. The noise soon settles as a looming figure enters the room. He is followed by some others, equally intimidating. The chatter turns into a complete silence as everyone watch their boss make his appearance.

Clasping both of his hands together, smirking at everyone he opens his mouth,"Hello fellow gang members, as we all know there is something special happening today and it's the most important thing for me. And that is why we need a little privacy, we wouldn't require all of you here. So you are dismissed, except a few. They know who they are."

The room again fills with noises and one by one people start going out. The remaining do not move an inch, waiting for their boss' command.

George, one of the trusted members of the gang comes forward from beside his boss,"Good evening everyone. Our guest will be arriving soon. All of you, be ready."

Nodding their heads in unision, all of them take their positions. George, Carson, Robert and Victor take their seats on the huge rectangular table with thier boss, Declan seated at the head.

With two knocks at the door, it is pushed open. Four men all dressed in crisp suits and dress shirts, enter the room. However, only one of them comes forward and opens his mouth,"Good evening gentlemen. Let's start shall we?"

They take their seats alongside the others. Declan gives him a smile, however it is anything but of happiness,"Brother, so glad that you have finally accepted my invation to come here."

Silas gives him an equally cunning smile,"I hope you have something worth my time; stepbrother."

Without letting his smile flatter Declan stands up,"Sure, I will keep it simple and straight forward. I have a deal, invest in 40% of our monthly resources and get back 30% of the earned, along with 20% of profit. And 10% of any additional deal."

Silas starts chuckling,"That's it?"

Declan grinding his teeth, replys,"25% of the profit." That does not stop Silas' laughter,"What's so fucking funny?"

Silas stops laughing and gets up glaring at Declan,"What's funny is that you, even for a second thought I would invest my money in your filthy business."

With rage filling his eyes, Declan speaks,"It isn't your money. It's our father's, which equally belongs to me."

Cracking a smirk Silas says,"Stepfather. And if it did, he wouldn't have given it all to me before leaving this world. I believe we are done here. I forgive you for wasting my time."

Silas along with all his men stride out of the room without a second glance. Declan stands at the head of the table seething in anger."Leave us alone."

Men leave the room and there stands only George, Casper, Robert and Victor with their boss,"We kill him tonight and his wife. Assign someone to shut his security system, we need a few men to take down his bodyguards. George give the lawyer's assistant a call and ask him about Silas' will".