33. No more lies

"Happy Birthday," I say wrapping my arms around Ash's torso from behind and go to kiss his shoulder.

He turns around and smiles down at me. He leans in and gives me a chaste kiss,"Thank you."

"You look great," I say wounding my fingers around his neck.

"What? I don't look great everyday?" he says raising his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes,"I didn't mean it like that. It's just- you look happy. I feel good when you're happy."

His face grows solemn,"You make me happy."

I push myself up and meet his lips with mine. We both smile into the kiss but don't break apart.

His lips pepper kisses along my cheek and then reaches my ear,"I love you."

"I love you." I whisper back.

"Happy Birthday!" We both jerk apart on hearing the shouts.

Our friends stand a few feet away grinning widely. They run towards us and scatter, making a circle around us. They lift their hands and start banging the chanting loudly,"Asher! Asher! Asher!"

A laugh comes out of me on seeing Ash's horrified face. The other students walking by laugh at their antics. Some of them unexpectedly join our friends in their activity.

"Okay you guys, shhhhh!" Ash states holding his hands out,"Thank you! I get it, now stop. This is embarrassing."

They all laugh and stop the banging. All the other students wish Ash and walk away with smiles on thier faces. Our friends start wishing and hugging him one by one.

My heart fills up with adoration towards Ash. He looks so joyous and excited about today. The complete opposite to the guy who was dreading this day on Monday. This week isn't been easy for him. He did feel better after the day I stayed over but his anxiousness for today did not fade away. He told me that it's been ten years since he saw his father on the day of his birthday. He is sceptical about the race later in the day, a lot nervous too. But that isn't fazing his happiness, he isn't letting that thing change anything about this day.

It's still his birthday and he will we be celebrating it with his family and friends, enjoying every second of it. I'm so happy to be here with him at this moment. He gave me a place in all his sad and happy times and I feel the luckiest person. And finally, I'll be giving him everything back, all of it, all the truth. Tommorow morning would be completely different, there would be no lies, no secrets, no walls, just the clear truth.

"Now, I gotta go to class but you're buying me food at lunch." Blake says smiling at Ash.

Ash scoffs,"Why would I buy you food? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

Blake raises his eyebrows,"Look I'm already giving you a gift. I'm cooking for all of us man! I want something from you too!"

"That's not-" before Ash finishes his sentence Blake makes a peace sign and runs towards his class,"Dick!"

Everyone scrambles off to their own classes shaking their heads. Ash sighs and looks at me,"I'll miss you."

I giggle and shove him lightly,"Don't be so dramatic.'

"You are gonna stay over tonight right?" he asks hopefully.

I nod my head and give his lips a peck,"I'll see you at lunch."

He nods and we walk our serparate ways. I'm really excited for the dinner tonight. Ash said he celebrates it with his family and now I get to be a part of it. I already took Lina's permission for staying over his house tonight. It would be my second night at his house. That doesn't mean I haven't gone to his house since that night, I just didn't stay over. That also doesn't mean we didn't have sex. We did, but very secretly and quietly.